Gu Sl

Greetings

Just installed a few new bits onto the GU.

Frame is a BB40 and honestly out of all the Deng frames ever made this is my all time favorite. The geometry is bang on, the frame is very well made, stiff and tough.

As for the brakes I haven't tested them properly but they feel completely different to any other brake I've ridden. The levers are tiny but the mechanical advantage must be greater than in Maguras because they flex the frame much more easily.

Need to shorten the hose :sleeping:

Weight is 8.76kg, not bad for such a heavy frame and rear wheel.

img2736h.jpg

img2737f.jpg

img2739.jpg

img2740e.jpg

img2741i.jpg

img2743w.jpg

Also put away some other goodies, not yet sure if I'm going to use them. Would probably need to change the frame to a horizontal dropout one because I'd need a tensioner with 18:16 gearing on the GU :ermm:

img2734f.jpg

Edited by Greetings

Fantastic Bike, I'm between this gu and Zoo piranha, I don't know which prefer.

Excuse me but I don't know if I understan it well, Do you want to change this frame for a horizontal drop outs one just because you need a tensioner?

Edited by 315r

- Lever blade design ensures it will provide 14% more power than a standard HS33 2-finger blade.

(Y)

Looks cool though, quite like the feel of Ali's lever as well so hopefully you'll get on alright with them.

Excuse me but I don't know if I understan it well, Do you want to change this frame for a horizontal drop outs one just because you need a tensioner?

Yep, to a Slate or something. I hate tensioners with a passion. Never ran them, always had the luck of running the right gear ratio on vertical dropouts.

It's fine as it is though, won't be changing anything for now.