V-Pads For A Rear Setup

James Quigley

Hey people, was just wondering what pads are best for a v-setup on the rear?

i dont want to spend forever looking through a million magura pad reviews to find a useless v brake one, before anyone suggests using the pad review thread.

i have Inspired pads on the front which are awesome on a smooth rim, I currently using rock pads on the rear v at the minute but they're too chunky to set up properly. The Inspireds would be an obvious choice but do they just disintegrate on a grind? I'm looking for some sort of life out of the pads.

Any opinions/experiences would be helpful

Cheers, James

Hey people, was just wondering what pads are best for a v-setup on the rear?

i dont want to spend forever looking through a million magura pad reviews to find a useless v brake one, before anyone suggests using the pad review thread.

i have Inspired pads on the front which are awesome on a smooth rim, I currently using rock pads on the rear v at the minute but they're too chunky to set up properly. The Inspireds would be an obvious choice but do they just disintegrate on a grind? I'm looking for some sort of life out of the pads.

Any opinions/experiences would be helpful

Cheers, James

My friend has double onza vee's and he is running heatsink yellow CNC backings on the rear, they are amazing and unbeleivably loud, not the best hold but a massive bite. If i was getting a vee brake, i would use them. It really depends on what your price range is though, because they are not cheap for a piece of rubber.

The Inspireds actually hold up really well on a grind - but - they 'feel' weird. Lots of bite but not that much hold.

The TNNs are quite a lot thinner than the Rock Pads because of the inbuilt concave washer, could be worth a look. The backings take 'standard' HS33 type pads too so you can swap and change easily.

tnn yellow crm compound if you can get your hands on it it's epic, my pads are getting old and they've stopped wearing down :S loadsa bite and hold a good noise, bit poor in the wet but who rides in the rain anyway