Foam Gripss

AlexC101

Trialtech Foams. (Y)

If you decide to go for some, when you get them scrub the inside of the grip out with a pan scourer, (the green thin flat ones), and hot soapy water. Just roll it up, work it inside the grip then twist it whilst squashing the grip onto it in different places, to make sure you get it all scrubbed on the inside.

This is because when the transfers are put onto the grip, the releasing agent liquid stuff leaves a waxy deposit inside the grip, so they rarely stick to the bar properly.

Trialtech Foams. (Y)

If you decide to go for some, when you get them scrub the inside of the grip out with a pan scourer, (the green thin flat ones), and hot soapy water. Just roll it up, work it inside the grip then twist it whilst squashing the grip onto it in different places, to make sure you get it all scrubbed on the inside.

This is because when the transfers are put onto the grip, the releasing agent liquid stuff leaves a waxy deposit inside the grip, so they rarely stick to the bar properly.

I bought hairspray for 99p slid on, stuck tight.

Job done (Y)

Onza default grips are really bad.

I think I had some Viz ones from Trials-UK. They where still rubber, but a lot more bearable, especially with gloves.

I'll have to try these foams for my self, when I get a new bike.

Edited by TomG

Tryed many ones, there ant much diff between any of them. There all better than gloves though :rolleyes: ,

trial-tech, not good for sweaty hands get like a sponge lol, try-all got alittle hole now no grip left, rockman thin or french 1 are what i get 2moz (not to keen on the french on them though (N) )

Edited by thewoomaster

To be fair I think rubber grips are better.

I had a choice of all the foam grips Tartybikes had on offer, but instead I finally went with the Porcipaw grips. They're rubber but very thin, and at a decent length. I much prefer the feel and look of them to the standard Echo/Trialtech/Koxx rebranded rubber grips which I've used for years and swore by.

http://tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?product_id=10619

I used to quit trials for like three years and start riding again this April. Got some Onza mod from Tarty <3 with those horrible stock grips. Even if I also ordered a pair of decent gloves from 'em, they didn't rly help to avoid corns appearing all over my hands. Switch to some Ritchey foam grips in a week, which were really thick, and I loved 'em. But since I got some parts upgraded last week, Trialtech foam ones, yeah <3