Building A Bike , Advice

JL !

Hey everybody :)

Im david ,

I would like a ZOO pirahna 09 soon but i was just wondering what they are like ? pro's and con's ?

Also please could you recommend some nice quality parts that will last so when i build my bike it will be reliable :D

At the moment i only have a rough idea about 'trial' bikes and i will be building my bike from scratch , i have no budget but i would like to know all the strongest/new parts you recommend as i do not know .

i used the search app to find out abit on ZOO and they seem to be pretty much bomb proof but i would like some opinions from people who have the frame etc

Tank you in advance,

David

Hey everybody :)

Im david ,

I would like a ZOO pirahna 09 soon but i was just wondering what they are like ? pro's and con's ?

Also please could you recommend some nice quality parts that will last so when i build my bike it will be reliable :D

At the moment i only have a rough idea about 'trial' bikes and i will be building my bike from scratch , i have no budget but i would like to know all the strongest/new parts you recommend as i do not know .

i used the search app to find out abit on ZOO and they seem to be pretty much bomb proof but i would like some opinions from people who have the frame etc

Tank you in advance,

David

Correct :P, they're pretty much indestructible.

You should be getting all your stuff from tartybikes.co.uk Amazingly fast delivery, high quality, etc etc everything a shop should be / have :)

Just brows though there video guides (Tartybikes - media - new video guides) should help you get started a bit.

Laurence.

Edited by Laurence--Trials

Cool thank you man :)

What would you say is the medium range brand out there at the moment ? i read about 'Deng' and how they're multiple brands but what is the difference between ?

-Koxx

-Trial Tech

-Tensile

-Hope

-Revell

Most of their parts look resonable but is it worth spending more money for parts like 'Koxx' or do they have different purposes ? like parts for 'rocky' places and parts for 'walls' ?

Thank you,

David.

Whats your budget for your build?

I've just built up a 07 python so I've got some recommendations for parts but it all comes down to the amount of cash available. If your just starting trials then you want to be looking more towards strength over light parts to begin with as you'll probably be bashing it about a bit as you learn stuff.

As a half decent spec starter bike here's what I'd recommend;

Forks - echo urbans disc + maggie mount

headset - fsa pig

stem - trialtech race forged

bars - 2nd hand zoo risers

wheels - echo urban rims, echo TR hubs (front disc hub), double butted spokes

tyres - maxxis creepy crawlers

bottom bracket - either echo tr isis or try all isis

cranks - trialtech sport forged

freewheel - echo sl

rear cog - any really but I use a trialtech

chain - trialtech z610

brakes - magura hs33 front and rear, echo tr clamps, heatsink yellow pads

pedals - depends whether you like caged or platform so either echo tr caged or trialtech race platform

bashring - again thats purely personal preference of what you like the look of but the tartybikes ones are good

snailcams - echo tr

Bearing in mind this list is mainly based roughly on my own build as I have only just got into riding a mod but I find it to be a good spec for starting, as you get better and break stuff swap it for for higher quality/lighter kit.

And I've put disc and maggie forks as it may be a good idea to start with a front magura as starting with a disc you might find yourself hitting it a lot when you learn to sidehop up stuff whereas a magura wouldn't have that problem and again you've got the option to upgrade at a later date thanks to the forks and hub!

You should also be covered for riding street as well as a bit of natural with this build.

Hope this helps you out mate and I've not completely bored you reading it!!

Ahh yeah i am not really a starter to be honest , i used to ride a x-lite back in the day but changed to 26 street been as i had nowhere and nobody to ride with so iv missed out on all the new happenings .

Thanks alot man , but would that spec be the same as for 26 inch ?

And i am willing too spend anything on this bike :) i just need to get a list and then sort a job out as im redundant (N)

Thanks guys ,

David .

Yeah that'd cover you for a stock but I'd change the rims for some echo tr's or maybe trialtech rims, if you've ridden before then I'd definately recommend a disc on the front but you can pick them up 2nd hand on here and ebay from £30-£55 for a mint one!

Ok thank you people , Am i correct in guessing TrialTech are pretty good then ?

Thank you everybody youve given me a good incentive and general idea for my bike :)

David.