Disc Brakes

wanya

I'm thinking of changing my front cable disc for a hydrauliic one.is it worth it and if so which one and what size is best?bike is a mad 1.3.thanks

how long ahve you been riding ??

if your quite new to the sport i wouldn't bother changing i've been riding cable front disc for the past 9 months since i started and it's still perfect...and im not thinking about changing it soone either

soo if your brake works i'd would n't bother changing it:)

hope this helps :D

Edited by liam n

i agree with smiffy.

i have been riding mountain bikes for years now and have always opted for hydraulic rim brakes instead on disks.

dont know why just prefer them.

i would suggest try riding a bike with a disk before you go buying

Hi mate you have neglected to mention which cable disc you are using ? i use a bb7 with a 203 rotor have had a louise and a hope mono trial neither seem to hold as well as the bb7 plus there is more pad adjustment on the bb7 if you are after more power and you are using a 160mm rotor try a bigger rotor say 180 with a plus 20mm adapter cheaper than buying a new brake!! and check the set up most disc brakes i have seen people complain about in the past are due to poor set up or under sized rotor would say mod's 160-180 mm & stocks 180 {190 magura} and 203 on the bb7 seems to be spot on.

hope this helps stu.

Bike is a mad 1.3 and is stock standard,I have only just started trials ,but the front doesn't seem to be very good(how good should they be?).I can make it creep forward if I peddle with the brake full on.also asking the obvious but what is a water bleed????thanks.

Bike is a mad 1.3 and is stock standard,I have only just started trials ,but the front doesn't seem to be very good(how good should they be?).I can make it creep forward if I peddle with the brake full on.also asking the obvious but what is a water bleed????thanks.

A water bleed is when you use water instead of the proper brake fluid because the brake fluid feels really slow and water is nice and choppy

If your bike is stock (as in how it arrived from the shop) you may have to change your forks also as they may not be disc compatable, worth a check if you decide to change.

I have had rim and disc, vee and hydraulic and to be honest I like the feel of the cable disc better because I can feather the brake while manualing or doing endo's instead of locking the wheels if you pill your lever a tad too much.

:)

If your bike is stock (as in how it arrived from the shop) you may have to change your forks also as they may not be disc compatable, worth a check if you decide to change.

I have had rim and disc, vee and hydraulic and to be honest I like the feel of the cable disc better because I can feather the brake while manualing or doing endo's instead of locking the wheels if you pill your lever a tad too much.

:)

The Phase 1.3 has a cable disk already. Personally I would switch over to single speed first then upgrade anything you feel would improve your riding. Not sure what disk brake the 1.3 has on it but I know people seem to like the Avid cable disc's. Other than that Stooie made some good points.

RD

The Phase 1.3 has a cable disk already. Personally I would switch over to single speed first then upgrade anything you feel would improve your riding. Not sure what disk brake the 1.3 has on it but I know people seem to like the Avid cable disc's. Other than that Stooie made some good points.

RD

my mistake sorry blushing.gif