Begginer To Ametuer To Expert

Andeee

Basically i just thought i would post this topic with me now being back on the forum.

When i first started trials back in xmas 2003 i had a onza t-vee ok it wasnt the best bike in the world but it did me just to get me started. Over the years i had being learning the basics meeting new people in my town who rode.

But when in 2005/2006 when i was 14/15 i met riders from different towns and riding with them. Who always use to give me abuse for my level of riding ability they never said it to me in person only on here. That was because i bought some bars off someone in cleethorpes ( at that time i had onza t-mag 2005) after a few days later i said to the person thinking they were bent and next thing they all fell out of me over a stupid thing like that. I even had one town of riders saying to me when a get good enough i can ride with them and the amount of stuff i use to hear about me behind my back ripping me for my ability. well to be honest we all start somewhere when we learn whether its a job/sport etc.. we are all a newbie at one point in life. I am now 19 riding a echo pure 26 and looking back of how people use to critcise me for my ability i thought it was childish how else are newbies gonna learn? I always felt it was best to ride with people who are more experienced to learn from them. Now that i would say i have got a bit better i enjoy helping new people who have got into trials not just turn them down saying there crap.

Basically wondering if anyones got any storys how they felt from when they started

Thanks Andy

hi. i feel for you dude ! they sound like utter dicks ... ( unless you did something to them , i dont think that acceptable.)

ive been riding for a year and a half and ecasionally i ride with a few beginners.. yes we take the piss out of them but only in a fun way and its cool :)

just thought is share :arabia:

Looking back i have just found that its wrong being like that. Ametuers critiscising begginers its just wrong ok maybe have the odd laugh jokingly but being all serious its just wrong. Most of those dicks who i had rode with most of them had quit. They maybe realised they was getting to big for there boots. I cant stand people up themselves.

hi. i feel for you dude ! they sound like utter dicks ... ( unless you did something to them , i dont think that acceptable.)

ive been riding for a year and a half and ecasionally i ride with a few beginners.. yes we take the piss out of them but only in a fun way and its cool :)

just thought is share :arabia:

And you always mention how much you lurvvvv my bars and stem ay pricer ;)

Ashes.

I don't really have any bad stories to be honest,

everone i've rode with (who are a whole lot better) have been really helpful to me and given me tips on how to improve moves etc.

Pompey boys f t w ;)

Edited by Horndean Trials

Yeah understand you completely man. When I first started I was around 14 and didn't have much confidence and being small at the time didn't help my confidence AT all. Had a 3 year gap just because I lost interest as my friends stopped doing it and now I've got a better bike and more confidence with it and in myself, and met some amazing people at rides which make the sport for me :). Completely. :).

What I've found is that the riders I've met who are genuinely good at national/international level tend to be a lot more encouraging and less judgmental than the ones who are second or third best in their local riding group and feel a need to lord it over someone after getting their asses handed to them by obviously better riders. I know I'll never be desperately good on a trials bike, but that doesn't stop me riding or take from the buzz I get from nailing a line that I could never do before. The only people that get abuse out of the trials riders in my area are the ones that don't go out riding and the abuse they get is for not being out and has nothing to do with how good they are...