Which Chain

rab shropshire

Good afternoon all, Im a little stuck as to which chain to get from tarty, im running a kool chain atm, and ive had it on for alot longer than recommended.

my set up is control 09 short, sl freewheel and 15t at the rear because i run15t on the control i have to run a single half link.

basically what i want to know is what chain can you guys recommend 1/8 or 3/32 and which brand.

thanks for any and all help

You can use either size really - they're the same strength as each other in terms of a direct comparison from the 710 to the 810, or the 510 to the 610.

Personally, I'd recommend the Z610HX. Less stretchy than the Kool chains so it means they sort of hold their strength a bit longer. Think their overall strength is fractionally lower than the Kools but because they don't stretch as much it's not as much of an issue.

how long do you guys run your 510/610 HX? Mine stretches so little compared to the kool chains...

Someone out there running them till they stretch a certain amount? - like the usual 0,7mm in 10 cm on this tools (Rohloff Caliber...); my Kool Chains reached that amount of stretch sometimes in 2 weeks, but my three months old 510HX (ridden 3 or 4 times a week)has just stretched a tiny little bit; I´m really not sure if i could run them till they really stretch that 0,7 mm (which is the recommonadtion for alloy cogs, to prevent them from wearing; 1 mm in 10 cm would be for steel cogs - anyway i always wanted to be on the very safe side)

Edited by wimmeretz