Rockman Cranks.. Bigman Did It? :s

Matt_Thibeau

Hey I just got a sl freewheel and rockman cranks, I heard they needed the rockman freewheel to work, so I asked the shop and they said they fixed the problem and it will work. I have also heard that Bigman rides a sl on rockman cranks aswell so I got them. The freewheel is really tight going on though, and I cant do it in fear to strip it out. People say you just have to screw it on straight and tighten it anyways?.. It would be nice if bigman could chime in? Or tarty?

Thanks guys!

Hey I just got a sl freewheel and rockman cranks, I heard they needed the rockman freewheel to work, so I asked the shop and they said they fixed the problem and it will work. I have also heard that Bigman rides a sl on rockman cranks aswell so I got them. The freewheel is really tight going on though, and I cant do it in fear to strip it out. People say you just have to screw it on straight and tighten it anyways?.. It would be nice if bigman could chime in? Or tarty?

Thanks guys!

I'm pretty sure all freewheel threads are the same, echos, eno, tensile, try-all, montys... Who ever told you only rockman freewheels fit rockman cranks is a fool. What was the problem in the first place that the shop fixed? Are you screwing the freewheel no properly and not cross threading the threads on the cranks?

I have a Echo TR freewheel on Rockman cranks..Was really sketchy to get it on.

I ensured that it was threaded right on, and threaded it slowly on.

when i was done there was alot of metal "shavings", so the rockman threads (same with any cranks really) is abit too big diameter on.

Edited by Skorp

I had to use a spacer with my rockman cranks and eno freewheel

Think the eno is tighter than other freewheels?

Anyways there was a massive gap (3-4 mm) without one so i just stuck a spacer in and it was fine.

Enos are actually looser than every other freewheel. (tartybikes says 0.005" bigger than normal)

Edited by Skorp

Seems like some cranks come with threads that aren't that nicely finished, which is why your freewheel's shaving those bits of metal off the edges of the threads. Just use plenty of grease, I guess. If you've got access to anything to clean the threads up a bit I'd recommend it.

How far on have you got it now?