Standard Headset Fitting.

Billy-C

I do it with my dad but if your not too sure just take it to your local bike shop who should be able to do it on the spot for you!

I put a block of wood on the bench, rest the bottom of the headtube on there flat, place the top cup in and hold it in place with another block of wood and tap it in by hitting the wood so your spreading the force out over the whole thing.

If you get what I mean?!

Very easy to do;

1. Place the cups just in the frame and no more (put a tiny bit of lubricant on if necessary).

2. Wedge the whole lot in a vice .

3. Slowly tighten the vice making sure that the cups go in evenly.

4. To minamalise scratching of the headset cups while in the vice use a couple of blocks of wood.

I hope this is clear enough for you (Y)

Tom

I do it with my dad but if your not too sure just take it to your local bike shop who should be able to do it on the spot for you!

I put a block of wood on the bench, rest the bottom of the headtube on there flat, place the top cup in and hold it in place with another block of wood and tap it in by hitting the wood so your spreading the force out over the whole thing.

If you get what I mean?!

Ohk thanks dude.

Very easy to do;

1. Place the cups just in the frame and no more (put a tiny bit of lubricant on if necessary).

2. Wedge the whole lot in a vice .

3. Slowly tighten the vice making sure that the cups go in evenly.

4. To minamalise scratching of the headset cups while in the vice use a couple of blocks of wood.

I hope this is clear enough for you (Y)

Tom

Yea thanks thats really clear!

thanks