Python Or Lynx?

Kieran Morrison

Short Lynx, hs33, and a 2007 Python.

Well, they will feel fairly different as the Lynx will have a wheelbase around 1000-5mm where as the Python will be 1030mm (short) or 1045mm (long)

The Python has 375mm chainstays which are longer than the Lynx (at 362-5?) which if I recall rightly makes the bike feel a little more stable on the back wheel. It is designed as a TGS bike for doing mostly static moves, the Lynx however will feel more nimble but not as 'raggable' as the Python.

Also, the Python has A LOT of cnc parts and is more of a heavy duty frame so will weigh about 500-600 grams more!

I was under the impression that short frames with short chainstays and high bb's made it more stable on the back wheel?

Dont hold me to that though. Sure I read somewhere that longer stays on a mod and shorter stays on a stock were meant to be more stable.

From personal experience, I could hold my 06 Cls Python longer on the back wheel than my 08 GU Tp (which has 10mm or so shorter stays)

I'm sure someone will clear all this up :P

Edit - plus, bb height doesn't really come into play with all the mentioned as they are +55. Generally though, higher bb are more stable on the back wheel (Y) I can sit my 08 GU 26" (+60) for days......

Edited by BlueSmokeyJoe

Dont hold me to that though. Sure I read somewhere that longer stays on a mod and shorter stays on a stock were meant to be more stable.

From personal experience, I could hold my 06 Cls Python longer on the back wheel than my 08 GU Tp (which has 10mm or so shorter stays)

I'm sure someone will clear all this up :P

Edit - plus, bb height doesn't really come into play with all the mentioned as they are +55. Generally though, higher bb are more stable on the back wheel (Y) I can sit my 08 GU 26" (+60) for days......

I thought longer frames were more stable on two wheels, if you have shorter chain stays your centre of gravity os more over the rear wheel, which should make it easyier on the rear wheel. thats my theroy lol

Python all the way mate.

Well i would say Python because i love mine and there soo nice to ride. However the Lynx is just as nice.

I suppose its down to prefence :)

The Lynx is light,

But an 07 Pyhton is Bombproof (so to speak)

Both are good options and you wont be dissapointed with either

:)