Crappy Laptop

Joe O'Connor

Hey,

Yesterday our wireless internet gave up and stopped working. It wouldnt switch on after restarting. (the button is touch sensor and wont go blue to say on).

When you use the troubleshoot it just says nothing is wrong or it cant find a wireless connection, being no help at all.

Now it says the network settings have changed and cannot connect. I think it was something to do with IPv6 not connecting, Im not sure though.

But there isnt any obvious way that I can get it to work.

Urgent help needed.

Thanks,

Joe O'Connor

Hey,

Yesterday our wireless internet gave up and stopped working. It wouldnt switch on after restarting. (the button is touch sensor and wont go blue to say on).

When you use the troubleshoot it just says nothing is wrong or it cant find a wireless connection, being no help at all.

Now it says the network settings have changed and cannot connect. I think it was something to do with IPv6 not connecting, Im not sure though.

But there isnt any obvious way that I can get it to work.

Urgent help needed.

As said, 99% of the time a router restart solves the problem.

Failing that, we need more details - I assume the 'blue light' is your wireless on your laptop. Is it discovering access points? Is it trying to connect? Any errors? Do you have a third party connection software installed which could be overwriting the windows function (i.e. Belkin?)

What router (make/model) do you have? Are you sure it supports IPv6?