Rear Brake Has No Bite

Dwarf Shortage

*EDITED*

Before I threaded my TPA my rear brake had fair sick bite and hold, since I've threaded it and fitted a new TPA wheel it has barely any bite and slips a bit when holding.

Any ideas?

I'm running HS33s with maggie blacks, cleaned my rims up, moved my pads closer to the rim, all to no avail cry.gif

Edited by Ninja Manatee

Just got two new Try-All TPA wheels, as my standard red ones jammed, but now I can't get the TPA pins out of the lever body.

How can I get the pin out without damaging it?

I had that, drilled and annialated one surround but then took the other lever blade off, stuck the pin in a vice down to the blade and yanked the lever up and pulled the thread back past where it had stripped, or else you could just try pulling it right through?

if you bust a pin i've got one i can send you though

*EDITED*

Before I threaded my TPA my rear brake had fair sick bite and hold, since I've threaded it and fitted a new TPA wheel it has barely any bite and slips a bit when holding.

Any ideas?

I'm running HS33s with maggie blacks, cleaned my rims up, moved my pads closer to the rim, all to no avail cry.gif

I can't see any problems with it exce....wait..... here we go (in bold :lol: )

I can't see any problems with it exce....wait..... here we go (in bold :lol: )

*EDITED*

Any ideas?

Granted, maggie blacks may be shit pads, but why would they go from working reasonably well, to barely at all.

My front brake's remained pretty sweet, and has the same pads.

Also, thank you for pointing out that some of the text was in bold, I would never have noticed, despite the main point of putting things in bold being to make them stand out.

Edited by Ninja Manatee

Granted, maggie blacks may be shit pads, but why would they go from working reasonably well, to barely at all.

My front brake's remained pretty sweet, and has the same pads.

Also, thank you for pointing out that some of the text was in bold, I would never have noticed, despite the main point of putting things in bold being to make them stand out.

In all seriousness now...

Were you using tar?

I'm not using tar, nor is it on a grind.

I have a number of suggestions then, please answer if you think one might be the problem. You have either...

- Got oil on your rim or your pads

-You have got just plain dirty pads

- You rode the bike when the rim was still wet so it wont be good until it dries

- Try a new bleed?

-Possibly got a sticky/lazy piston.

I have a number of suggestions then, please answer if you think one might be the problem. You have either...

- Got oil on your rim or your pads

-You have got just plain dirty pads

- You rode the bike when the rim was still wet so it wont be good until it dries

- Try a new bleed?

-Possibly got a sticky/lazy piston.

This is probably your best bet, TPA wouldn't affect the bite of the brake really just how far you have to pull the lever

This is probably your best bet, TPA wouldn't affect the bite of the brake really just how far you have to pull the lever

I knew the TPA wouldn't effect bite, I was just mentioning that it was decent before it broke, so I wouldn't get people telling me it was my pads.

I'll take a look tmoraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

I knew the TPA wouldn't effect bite, I was just mentioning that it was decent before it broke, so I wouldn't get people telling me it was my pads.

I'll take a look tmoraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Ah right I'm with you!

Sounds like when I got some new forks for my stock, swapped them over and when I refitted the front wheel my front disc had instantly gone wank, wouldn't work at all!