Bar Tape?

Geek

Hey guys, I've just brought some race bike bartape, it feels really confortable and my current grips keep sliding down the rise of my bars :giggle:

I just thought I was some sort of genius and was going to take over the world with my new theory, but then though that their is no way that nobody hasn't done it before.

So is their anybody else out their that does this? or has done it and failed.

or do you have any thoughts about my amazing idea?

A lot of people i know run it. Been doing it non stop now for a couple years. never going back. But there is a type of bar tape to use and not to use. If you look at a standard brontrager or specialize rap it has slight stretch in the material. Creates arm pump and fatigue quicker.

you need to get a non stretch version. Link for example. http://www.evanscycles.com/products/fizik/microtex-handlebar-tape-ec008141?query=bar%20tape

Oh and you will get three sets out of that and they last ages.

My style of installation is to tuck and plug and twist the way stress goes into them so that they tighten under pressure and have a diagonal cut with one rotation of tape so it has good presentation.

A lot of people i know run it. Been doing it non stop now for a couple years. never going back. But there is a type of bar tape to use and not to use. If you look at a standard brontrager or specialize rap it has slight stretch in the material. Creates arm pump and fatigue quicker.

you need to get a non stretch version. Link for example. http://www.evanscycles.com/products/fizik/microtex-handlebar-tape-ec008141?query=bar%20tape

Oh and you will get three sets out of that and they last ages.

My style of installation is to tuck and plug and twist the way stress goes into them so that they tighten under pressure and have a diagonal cut with one rotation of tape so it has good presentation.

Yep,

I've been using bar tape for the last 5 years, in double layers (otherwise its too thin).

What works best is the cork type or silicone type, pick you favourite colour. Cheaper overall than standard grips, the only drawback is that when they start undoing when damaged in a crash, and it becomes a mess. Incidentally, I have moved back to firm foam grips a week ago just for the sake of trying again. :turned:

Edited by TrashZen

Can't seem to find this out anywhere, is it like tennis grips where it doesn't have a sticky side or does it have a sticky side like actual tape?

Thanks in advance.

They're supposed to be for race/road bikes. Should find them in Evans Cycles/Halfords...