Potential Riding Spot

isitafox

Got nowt on at work so I just locked up the box and had a wander over the road to see what's about. Seen as I work next to a big quarry on what used to be a very busy railway line I thought there could be some riding potential and where would such a place be?? Behind a big metal gate with lots of restricted entry signs and such of course!

Climbed over the fence next to the gate (ignoring the danger - quicksand notice) and walked up the track 50m and came to a big open old quarry filled with stuff, there's the remnants of the old turntable workings, loads of metal girders, old cotton reels, some sleepers, other big bits of machinery that I have no clue what they are and stuff like that. Bit of a spooky secluded space like and I'm not sure where the quicksand is supposed to be, could be further up the track as it goes a lot further than I went and all the stuff I saw would definately have been swallowed if there was quicksand present!

Here's a few pics I took with my iphone, may try for a ride there one day if one of my mates is available as wouldn't want to ride there alone, especially as when I was going I noticed a big long mound of gravel was actually a tunnel about 15-20m long and I have no idea what's in there (rubbish, tramps, wild animals, dead bodies, nothing, etc..) but didn't want to go back for a look as I'm a pussy!

post-24247-044758700 1286718454_thumb.jp

post-24247-029086300 1286718566_thumb.jp

post-24247-006179100 1286718960_thumb.jp

post-24247-095545000 1286719412_thumb.jp

Edited by isitafox

u have hit the jackpot! there might probely be a lot more up the path?

Dunno, path goes uphill and think it used to be access to where the old water towers were so just goes high above the track, plus I don't wanna run into that quicksand!!

Couple more pics

post-24247-031277400 1286720201_thumb.jp

post-24247-016066200 1286720270_thumb.jp

Are you talking legit or just a standard spot?

For a standard spot yes youve struck gold. to be honest I wouldn't go about trying to get it a 'dedicated' trials spot as it may just become a ball ache. But looks immense to ride!

Just a standard spot, shift a few bits around an could knock up some small sections to ride!

Will sort a google earth/maps location in the morning as on my phone now, see if you fancy a look!

Right just had a look on google maps on my iPhone and the postcode for my signalbox is SK17 8TQ.

If you search for that, look for the bridge crossing the railway and the little quarry is just up and right from there!