Continental Mountain King

crispyboy

i just got a mountain king supersonic 2.2 for the front of my stock and it seems to be a really good tyre. nice and light with decent stability. I'm not to sure it would work so well on the rear of a trials bike due to the single ply and pretty thin side walls. im currently running a big betty on the rear and it is fantastic.

iv got a 2.4 mountain king on the back its actually really good i run it with a massife fat tube and its mega bouncy and its actually really good for punctures but i think thats down to the tube to be fair but yeah its grippy, bouncy and really light but its wank in the wet.

Any other suggestions for tyres?

I think the Trial Queen would be a good shout but i myself would be a little hesitant as its got the same sort of characteristics as the RQ which is unstable on any off camber stuff. The new Tryall rear tyre is the best on the market in my humble, great stability' great grip and its light to boot. Not as much bounce as the contis but i would trade bounce for grip and stability any day of the week. Its a bit pricey but its the best out there..

Edited by Jake-Ansell

that's another vote for "don't get a Mountain King, get a Der Kaiser"

The extra weight is far FAR FAAAR out weighed (excuse the pun) by the extra grip (best of any tyre, I don't care about "my Try-All has the best grip I have tried" IT'S NOT AS GRIPPY AS A DER KAISER!). It also has the best stability of any tyre going, you can land on almost any slope and as long as it has grip (which is likely) then it shouldn't bounce and squirm around like other tyres do. Oh, they actually last longer than any other soft compound tyre out there does too. Bonus points awarded to the Der Kaiser!

Cheap ones have a dogshit compound. Don't bother.

+1

iv got a 2.4 mountain king on the back its actually really good i run it with a massife fat tube and its mega bouncy and its actually really good for punctures but i think thats down to the tube to be fair but yeah its grippy, bouncy and really light but its wank in the wet.

+1

Best tyre out is the Rain King/Der Kaiser.

+1

that's another vote for "don't get a Mountain King, get a Der Kaiser"

The extra weight is far FAR FAAAR out weighed (excuse the pun) by the extra grip (best of any tyre, I don't care about "my Try-All has the best grip I have tried" IT'S NOT AS GRIPPY AS A DER KAISER!). It also has the best stability of any tyre going, you can land on almost any slope and as long as it has grip (which is likely) then it shouldn't bounce and squirm around like other tyres do. Oh, they actually last longer than any other soft compound tyre out there does too. Bonus points awarded to the Der Kaiser!

+loads

got a mountain king super sonic on the front but then decided to slick it and turn it inside out aha which was a great idea.......... got a brand new der kaiser on the back lately and its the same as the rain king i think, i think i'd of rather have the rain king but i've only rode my bike twice with the new tire and its not like theres no grip! mountain kings are okay as long as your not a basher and you can be arsed with the punctures you get off nothing :giggle: