Tractor Tyres

liam n

If you make a stack whats the best way to hold them together or don't they need it?

And you often see them with a piece of wood in the top, is that just screwed/nailed in or is it best to fill the hole in the middle with soil/gravel/etc first then put the wood on top??

Tractor tyres are quite soft, so the best thing to do is fil them with hardcore, though they will become semi permanent. Otherwise the best thing is to get construction tyres instead as they are bloody solid. But they also weigh loads, you'll probably need a sizeable van! and some strong people/ a forklift!

Got some space at my father in laws farm to build a course so thats my winter mission, already got some massive sleepers from work so will hopefully blag some of the old tyres lying around. Just need to find some pallets from somewhere now and get building!!

I live in cornwall UK and i was wondering if anyone could tell me the best place to look for tractor tyres?

if you go up minions, near upton cross, theres a massive tyre near the quarry, max and i found the other day, its full of concrete good fun plus plenty of natural riding definitly check it out