Bleeding Maggie With Anti-Freeze

Cundog123

Hi, i want to bleed my back maggie with anti-freeze, do i have to use a syringe to do that or can i do a bath bleed but just put some anti-freeze in there. also another question my piston has stuck in my leaver how should i get it out.

thanks

matt.

Edited by Cundog123

You said just a tad of anti feeze ;)

there is only about 25 ml in a brake! So there aint that much water in there let alone anti-freeze!

BACK TO THE TOPIC !

cundog123 go with 3 part to 1 part antifreeze (Y)

Thats what i use .. no difference in feel and has survived the frosty nights ;)

there is only about 25 ml in a brake! So there aint that much water in there let alone anti-freeze!

BACK TO THE TOPIC !

cundog123 go with 3 part to 1 part antifreeze (Y)

Thats what i use .. no difference in feel and has survived the frosty nights ;)

3 water, 2 antifreeze/ vodka .............. just to be awquard (right)

:P

Ashes.

any ideas how to get a stuck piston out of my lever because the piston has stuck in my lever

Stuck as in you've pulled the lever and it doesn't return?? I'd have thought undo the fitting for the hose and push a small allen key or something similar through the hole to push it back out, spring could be knackered though they can be replaced.

Seeing as some people suggest boiling the water before bleeding can you bleed water already mixed with anti freeze??

Dads a mechanic at a bus company so they've got barrels of the stuff but I'm sure it's already mixed, could be wrong though!

And if you've got a previous bleed with oil whats the best way to flush it out ready for anti freeze, and vice versa??

Edited by isitafox

Seeing as some people suggest boiling the water before bleeding can you bleed water already mixed with anti freeze??

Dads a mechanic at a bus company so they've got barrels of the stuff but I'm sure it's already mixed, could be wrong though!

And if you've got a previous bleed with oil whats the best way to flush it out ready for anti freeze, and vice versa??

if it is premixed then it'll probably be 50/50 as thats what a lot of vehicles use in the cooling system.

already bled with oil, wanting water: bleed through several times until waters clear.

already bled with water, wanting oil: either blow through with air as mentioned, or it'll have to be several bleeds through with oil.

if it is premixed then it'll probably be 50/50 as thats what a lot of vehicles use in the cooling system.

already bled with oil, wanting water: bleed through several times until waters clear.

already bled with water, wanting oil: either blow through with air as mentioned, or it'll have to be several bleeds through with oil.

Sod that! Ordered a bleed kit yesterday so will probably nip to the old mans work and steal a litre or so of anti freeze from there to bleed with. Got a RB lever as well for connecting up so that'll have to have some oil in it!