Glasgow 5Th Dec

Ross McArthur

• 2 weeks later...

We have roughly two feet and its still snowing in east lothian. two days of work cancelled so far.

I hope this isn't off aswell!! be gutted, If it is cancelled how about kinlochleven if weathers ok and rideable here. The mound could be the answer at the far end on shore side, plenty to do. All natural riding.

If anything least its a days riding.

Edited by gary-mac

There was a thing on the tv the other day about George Square and it said that there was a ceilidh there and it was cancelled.

Heard about that yep :) i was looking forward to this ride, it would be the last one for me before christmas, heres hoping the place is rideable this weekend

Heard about that yep :) i was looking forward to this ride, it would be the last one for me before christmas, heres hoping the place is rideable this weekend

yeh it will be annoying if its cancelled, i don't have any snow where i live i think its because Arran's got the gulf stream going around it so it keeps the snowy weather away.

If glasgow is cancelled which i really hope its not would any one be up for riding pure natural tarrain up in kinlochleven where i hold the british motorcycle championship?? Only if the weathers ok here that is, at the moment it would be ok.

cheers

garymac

Edited by gary-mac

Hi rab how's tricks. If weather stays the way it is theres a part where I was on sat and I had a field day! Loads of stuff for novice to elite plus I have really good marking gear so we could set out sections etc. It's on a shore side beside the sea so the sun gets it most of the time. There's no way you'll get bored, I'll get pictures up so its gives you all a rough idea. Be great if you all could make the journey.

ROSS are we on whats the snow like in weegie land?

Hey chaps,

Sorry, ive been working off shore for the past week.

I havent seen Glasgow yet, so ill scope it out tomorrow and see if its worth going ahead with the ride.

I'd quite like to see pictures of 'the mount' Gary! Plus, setting out sections on a group ride...New to me :P

Hey chaps,

I havent seen Glasgow yet, so ill scope it out tomorrow and see if its worth going ahead with the ride.

I'd quite like to see pictures of 'the mount' Gary! Plus, setting out sections on a group ride...New to me :P

Some pictures of the mound on the thread gary started :)

Hey chaps,

Hi Ross I've started a thread and it has afew pics that might interest you.

Setting out sections is something I've always done as it keeps every one interested and I think it brings riders on. Let me know what you think, really hope the weather hold out.

Not gonna make it to 'the mount' but i think me and a couple of bmx bums are gonna head up to Unit 23 for a 'park sesh on Sunday, judging by what Dumfries is like for riding at the mo i certainly dont think Glasgow would be any better considering the south has got away with the worst of the snow and ice. Might be nice to see one or two 'streety' trials riders there if its woth going anywhere at all.

Not gonna make it to 'the mount' but i think me and a couple of bmx bums are gonna head up to Unit 23 for a 'park sesh on Sunday, judging by what Dumfries is like for riding at the mo i certainly dont think Glasgow would be any better considering the south has got away with the worst of the snow and ice. Might be nice to see one or two 'streety' trials riders there if its woth going anywhere at all.

Its called THE MOUND lol. thats a shame as it really is a mega spot. come the summer when the weather is really good this place is awesome and has lots to offer. Its a mile long.