Magura Hose Repair

gully001

i have damaged the short link hose on my magura hs33 can i cut of the damaged piece and push the pipe on to the metal end does it have to be warmed up to soften the pipe ?

if the barbed metal fitting is in good condition, then yes you can (Y)

You don't have to heat the hose up, it's probably better that you do it cold so that the hose is less prone to stretching

i have damaged the short link hose on my magura hs33 can i cut of the damaged piece and push the pipe on to the metal end does it have to be warmed up to soften the pipe ?

I assume you mean the crossover that goes over the wheel??

You can cut it and reattach but the pipe may be too short then which may lead to it splitting if it's stretched too far, and as for pushing the barbed fitting on you'll need some blocks (http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?product_id=10026&category_id=5) to clamp the hose in tight. I always find warming the hose in a little boiling water does enough to ease it in though you've gotta make sure you tap it in dead straight! I went through about 4 crossover pipes getting it right!