Back Once Again... Bb Rise Question On New Bike

MK999

My 2 cents is that you should wait until you have the bike before you do anything. I know it's super exciting to start thinking about upgrades and the like, but my advice would be to wait and see what sort of condition it's in first. With such a tight budget, you don't want to commit yourself to buying brakes only to find that the bottom bracket/hub/whatever needs replacing.

Ride the thing as is for a bit - you're not going to notice the difference until you start getting the basics down so no point in wasting the cash on something you might not need...

Its a fair point and one my housemate brought up too, however I'm not exactly jumping into modding it as much as addressing a flaw... pretty much every review on the bike I read said the standard breaks are shocking, probably has a lot to do with the V's being sat on some nice flexy adapters with standard pads etc. Everything else will be untouched until I'm quite at home on it, unless it needs replacing as you say :)

Well it seems the seller of the mission has disappeared after it's sold, had no contact in 3 days but a payment reminder :rolleyes:

Seems to be a couple of alternatives around at a decent price atm, mainly onza, either raptor or woodstocks, one of which looks promising, T-Raptor magura HS33's front and rear, but the chain is 'skipping' it's got a tensioner on it that doesn't promote a lot of chain wrap but I'd imagine with a tensioner it should be fine? So that leads me to believe it's the freewheel/hub (not sure which is normal on a relatively 'standard' bike?) Also seems to have a lot of DDG parts (front hub/rim, headset, pedals) Which it appears there is no information about on the web! Some evidence of them making bikes but nothing besides.

Other good options are mostly stock onza woodstocks with HS33/11's fitted. I actually already have a HS33 on the way for the last bike so can always swap that for one of the 11's if they're not as good.

edit: Also run almost totally off topic, may as well change the title to new riders spanish inquisition or something :P

Edited by MK999

Change of change of plan :P Got an email from the guy selling the reefer, and picked it up this evening, looks well used but no cracks etc around it, Had a quick check over it and all seems to rotate smoothly etc, headset seems a little crunchy though, nothing too bad just maybe needs regreasing.

Edited by MK999