Bleeding A Magura With Cooking Oil?

Borat

I've no idea who Gary is, and I'm pretty certain he has nothing to do with Phatworks.

Thing with Magura's is that they come with mineral as standard. This works well for any rider apart from trials rider's. Reasons being that mineral oil is thick and after a long duration of riding, it can result in arm pump. So the ideal solution is to run a thinner lighter fluid to prevent arm pump. The most accessible liquid that fits the description is water. If bled correctly, it will result in a very fast lever return and nice and light to pull.

The problem with water is that is effects the seals and freezes in the cold.

The obvious solution for the freezing is to use anti-freeze with water. That's great but you still have the problem of the seals in the brake failing over time.  What Mike has done is mix various chemicals together to create a brake fluid that is as light as water and prevents any damage to the brake. It has been a long time coming, but he has wanted to get it right before releasing it.

I for one am a firm believer in water, though I like anyone suffer with the problem of having to re-bleed every other month. I may well result into having to add anti freeze to my bleed before the weekends riding, just to prevent any freezing. This is due to Phat Phluid not being available yet, otherwise I would be using that.

As said earlier in the topic I have used Phat Phluid before and thought it felt amazing, though this was in the summer of 2009 so Mike may have changed the properties to improve it, I do not know. But I am looking forward to receiving my bottle of Phat Phluid so I can get it in my brake and then give a review of it to all you guys that are having problems with your Magura bleeds.

Now that is how a sponsored rider writes a response!

Anyone tried vodka? it wont freeze thats for sure, its got low viscosity. Any disadvantages?

Alchohol is a solvent, will most likely eat at polymer rubber seals after a small amount of time. If you can clean permanent marker off of stuff with vodka in less than a minute think what it'll do to polymer seals in a year :P

what?

Allow me to rephrase!

thats hat i thought it naffed up the seals ant dear though get value vodka

It was always my belief that this damaged seals as you say, it shouldn't be expensive as long you buy an inexpensive bottle though, dear chap.

Edited by MK999

Allow me to rephrase!

It was always my belief that this damaged seals as you say, it shouldn't be expensive as long you buy an inexpensive bottle though, dear chap.

haha, supreme translation dear boy. Where ever did you learn to understand retard with such a natural fluency though?

Gary ordered some pads and is the most northerly rider that has, so we sent him a sample of Phluid to try out in the arctic conditions up there. We'd go up ourselves but it's far too cold...

As a heads up, Phluid is available now. :)http://store.phatworks.co.uk/index.php/products/product/phatphluid/

Gary ordered some pads and is the most northerly rider that has, so we sent him a sample of Phluid to try out in the arctic conditions up there. We'd go up ourselves but it's far too cold...

As a heads up, Phluid is available now. :)http://store.phatworks.co.uk/index.php/products/product/phatphluid/

Great credentials!