Edinburgh Ride !

angua

Hey people,

Me and a few friends are organising a ride in edinburgh, i was just hoping for information about it,

-Where would be the best place in edinburgh to ride ?

-Where would the cheapest place to stay be ?

-Is there any main riding spots ?

And if there are any riders in edinburgh we will be going about april time,I know its early days yet but just want to get it out of the way (Y)

Just any other relevant information would be amazing,

Thanks Angus !

Hey people,

Me and a few friends are organising a ride in edinburgh, i was just hoping for information about it,

-Where would be the best place in edinburgh to ride ?

-Where would the cheapest place to stay be ?

-Is there any main riding spots ?

And if there are any riders in edinburgh we will be going about april time,I know its early days yet but just want to get it out of the way (Y)

Just any other relevant information would be amazing,

Thanks Angus !

Who's all going? I'll ask to come if i know whos going.

Who's all going? I'll ask to come if i know whos going.

You wont be allowed for the weekend will you ?

Its me barry joe and lewis ?

Main spots seem to be St Gilles cathedral (think that's what it's called), Hunter Square, outside the art gallery near the Scot monument and Bristol square.

Have a look on Google Street view

Thanks for that mate !

Do you know if there is a hostel, Travellodge near any of those places?

Take a look no this map, A and B are both near Scot monument, a little bit along from that you see the national art gallery. Also it's Bristo square, not Bristol

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&biw=1024&bih=653&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=travelodge+in+edinburgh&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=travelodge&hnear=Edinburgh,+City+of+Edinburgh&ei=_BcJTa7IEcqJhQffpsyvDw&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&resnum=2&ved=0CAYQtgMwAQ

Take a look no this map, A and B are both near Scot monument, a little bit along from that you see the national art gallery. Also it's Bristo square, not Bristol

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&biw=1024&bih=653&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=travelodge+in+edinburgh&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=travelodge&hnear=Edinburgh,+City+of+Edinburgh&ei=_BcJTa7IEcqJhQffpsyvDw&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&resnum=2&ved=0CAYQtgMwAQ

Thanks sooo much mate !

theres probs 4 or 5 of us who live in, and regularly ride in edinburgh...

theres plenty of places to stay...if youre looking at hostels just google it and find one that likes bikes :)

main spots:-

bristo square (as mentioned)...bit of an iconic alternative skate/bmx scene area

george square...just down from bristo square towards the uni

outside the parliment...lots of great stuff to ride, ideally need a weekend so security isnt there

st giles...its a nice little wall/steped area

the art gallery on the mound (aka the cake)...youve seen it in the danny vid of course

sheraton...nice flat area with things to play on around the sides

the vid i made a while back has alot of these spots within it, and should be easy enough to recognise, have a nose:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61007549&v=app_2392950137#!/video/video.php?v=693863131171

theres probs 4 or 5 of us who live in, and regularly ride in edinburgh...

theres plenty of places to stay...if youre looking at hostels just google it and find one that likes bikes :)

main spots:-

bristo square (as mentioned)...bit of an iconic alternative skate/bmx scene area

george square...just down from bristo square towards the uni

outside the parliment...lots of great stuff to ride, ideally need a weekend so security isnt there

st giles...its a nice little wall/steped area

the art gallery on the mound (aka the cake)...youve seen it in the danny vid of course

sheraton...nice flat area with things to play on around the sides

the vid i made a while back has alot of these spots within it, and should be easy enough to recognise, have a nose:

http://www.facebook....?v=693863131171

And Portabello...and a few others...

When you guys coming down?

Also I live in Edinburgh!

Edited by JohnyMilton