Wheel Advise Needed

trialsmax04

hi guys. Im looking to shed some fat from my ragley to make it a bit more hill friendly. Hopefully going for the slx chainset after christmas to save a few g's, but my rear wheel is on the porky side. Its a mavic 729 on a 12/10mm (tapered) hope bulb hub with Dt swiss alpine 3 spokes. As you can imagine its big, burley but amazingly strong. Im looking for something a little lighter for am riding but still strong enough to take some punishment. What can you guys think of as an alternative? Any ideas on what mine would be worth if i sold it? Its in literally mint condition and true as a die.

Cheers max

The EQ27s do looks good and I know Tic has given his some real punishment. Another alternative would be an EX721 or XM719 both of which I've used and given loads of abuse over the past few years. On the hub front, I'd always say go hope, but I got a superstar switch evo recently and have been very impressed by the quality and they're quite a bit cheaper too.