Windows 7 Problem.

Boswell

When I try to open many of my programs including Chrome and VLC media player it starts to load then just stops and the program never appears. It also offers no explanation which is really beginning to piss me off! Anyone had this problem or know what is going on?

Funny you say this. my brother got a new HP laptop for xmas with windows 7. today, the same thing has happend to him, chrome wont open, windows movie maker wont open and internet explorer wont and more. when did this happen to you? what laptop/pc do you have?

Edited by Sam Moss

I have windows 7 and the same thing happened to me with firefox. I re-installed it and it solved the problem and it hasn't happened since. No other program did it though.

thats a problem for my bro... none of hes internet programs work so he cant go on the internet to download other things.

it happend to someone and they said " I disabled some non critical startup programs and now everything appears to be working correctly." try that out?

If you still have the install/setup files for the browsers, then i think you can re-install them from there without opening any of the internet browsers.

the programs came with the laptop so im not sure if they are on in the first place, thanks though, ill have a look :)

I've seen this a few times with Windows 7 - particuarly with Firefox not opening.

Worth going to Ctrl + Alt + Del, Processes and end any of the firefox.exe processes - once cleared, firefox will open again when you click the icon. Seems a little odd that it only seems to occur with internet applications which seems to me like it could even be an anti-virus or firewall issue within Windows 7.

Also, is this by any chance a HP laptop?