Trialtech Chain

i like cunning stunts

i have bought both the trialtech and the one on chain and they are identical. mine has lasted very well and im a heavy bloke.

i bought 2 of the kmc ones from chain and the spare you get left over was enough to make a third chain so in essence you would be getting 3 chains for 20 quid

After snapping 3 kool chains in like couple of months, i switched to KMC z510 HX. Now i don't want to buy other chains. So yeah, i don't think there really is any difference between KMC and Trialtech, should work the same.

The z510 is different isnt it, i think its thicker than the z6 but with the same tensile strength. I often wonder if the tensile strengths advertised are really accurate, i know failures are down to a number of things but i have seen the likes of the gusset tank chain snap fairly quickly.

Edited by Jake-Ansell

The z510 is different isnt it, i think its thicker than the z6 but with the same tensile strength. I often wonder if the tensile strengths advertised are really accurate, i know failures are down to a number of things but i have seen the likes of the gusset tank chain snap fairly quickly.

You are right. Mainly my point was, that they are pretty much the same and even if you buy KMC and not Trialtech, you will probably get the same result (maybe even the same, i dunno if they actually make them both in the same factory :unsure: ).

You are right. Mainly my point was, that they are pretty much the same and even if you buy KMC and not Trialtech, you will probably get the same result (maybe even the same, i dunno if they actually make them both in the same factory :unsure: ).

Exactly the same product...just bought in bulk and chucked in a different box.

Thats what i thought but in that case how do trialtech get away with branding it theres if its a kmc >_<

Whats the general opinion on them aswel ? i have been known to go through a few chains in the past so need something reliable.

It's not a case of "getting away with it" in the same way that the Trialtech, V!Z, Try-All and Echo MG-1 pedals are all the same and are all made by Wellgo.

I'd imagine the tensile strengths would be pretty accurate, but I don't think they have all that much to do with the majority of chain breakages (which tend to be be a result of poor joining, poor chain-line or getting bashed).

Z610HX or Z510HX for life.