British National Events For 2011

Many thanks to the forum for this new Clubs and Competitions page, hopefully it will help to promote the competitive sport of trials.

Competitions are great fun, whether it's a club comp or a National comp - you don't have to be an amazing rider to join in, just enjoy the ride and meet new people!

National events for 2011, we know we can't suit everyone but have tried to spread events out as much as possible around the country from the far north to the south, and in the middle, we hope everyone will try to come along and join in to help promote this brilliant sport!

• British Trials Cup Round 1 - 17th April - High Wood Farm next to the famous Brimham Rocks
  • British Trials Cup Round 2 - 5th June - Nevis Range, Fort William (part of the UCI World Downhill event)
  • British Trials Cup Round 3 - 24th July - Essex Trials & Jump Centre, Barrow Farm (part of the 3-day trials festival)
  • British Trials Cup Round 4 - 18th September - Bracken Rocks, Derbyshire
  • British Trials Cup Round 5 - 23rd October - Shipley Glen, West Yorkshire

• British Trials Championship - 4th June - Nevis Range, Fort William (part of the UCI World Downhill event)

Classes are:-

Primary Class (aimed at the very young) - white route - 20" class

Novice Class - green route - 20/24/26" class

Intermediate Class - blue route - 20/24/26" class

Cadet Class - black route - 20/24/26" class

Expert Class - 20" and 24/26" separate classes

Elite Class - 20" and 26" separate classes

Due to lack of attendance in recent years by the ladies, we don't hold a separate class for them - but ALL ladies taking part in any of their chosen routes will receive an award. As soon as female attendance goes up to a minimum of three per event then a separate Femina class will be put on for them.

Points are awarded to the top 15 riders in each class at each Cup event, best 4 results out of the 5 events to count for final year end points and the British Cup Winner titles. The winner of the Elite Class is awarded the British Trials Cup, donated to the sport in memory of Gavin Bedford and other friends who have left us.

Do please try to support as many rounds of the series as you can and we hope to see you all at the first round at Brimham on 17th April.

Entry forms and further information can be found on www.biketrialuk.co.uk, and as each event draws near you will be able to place your entry by filling in an on-line entry form and paying safely through the PayPal system.

Any questions - just shout or email info@biketrialuk.co.uk

Edited by BikeTrial Federation

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a single room booked at the Croit Anna hotel, just outside Fort William for Friday 4th and Saturday 5th June that I no longer need.

Does anyone want it before I cancel the booking?

Contact membership@biketrialuk.co.uk if you're interested.

I have a single room booked at the Croit Anna hotel, just outside Fort William for Friday 4th and Saturday 5th June that I no longer need.

Does anyone want it before I cancel the booking?

Contact membership@biketrialuk.co.uk if you're interested.

E-mail sent

• 4 weeks later...