Ashton Justice (Diamondback) - Rear Wheel - Magura

trials26

Hi all,

I'm used to riding older frames, for example I'm on a giant hawyes at the minute! Love it none the less

The only thing that troubles me (as I'm short) is bailing - like doing an Olympic long jump HHaha

Anyway...

I wanted to get a newer more evolved trials geometry frame so I got a koxx levelboss (still oldish) anyway my rear wheel is a mavic d521 rim on a hope

When I put this wheel in the koxx my Magura doesn't reach the rim - and have new reasonable sized pads in...

I've pondered an Ashton justice for a bit, never commited to buying - can anyone tell me if I'll have the same problem with that frame please?

I.e will I just have to grit my teeth and get a wider rim or wheel?

Is there anyway around this?

Thanks so much in advance

Barry

There's no real way you can get round it. A wider rim is the best way forwards really. If you don't want something silly wide get an Alex DX32 or an Echo Urban front rim, both are a fair bit wider than your D521 without being comparatively silly wide like most rear rims.

I used a Sun Mamoth in my ashton justice (not the white and red stripey one, the model before) with no problems, I can try to measure it later if you like to see how it compares to your 521. When I changed to a 47mm rim with new CNC pads I had to buy some offset mounts because the rim was too wide for the frame.

My CNC pads are quite a lot deeper than standard pads so maybe you can gain a few MM with pads if they are only just out.

Thanks for the advise from you both! Very much appreciated!

Thanks for the heads up on you experience Punker, I'll have a hunt for rim specs myself too, I'll measure my 521 aswell!

If you could measure it yeah that'd be great, no problem at all if it's a trouble!!

I never thought about making a gain with deeper pads - good idea that!

As if I'm honest I like to run with the lever pulling close to the bar anyway, but it's a pain when it's just that little too far - one too many near misses going off backwards haha

Thanks again for your help!

Cheers

Barry