3D Trials Game

bonzojim

• 2 months later...

Hi.

It's cool that my "game" is being commented in this forum since I only published some WIP's on Vimeo.

My original idea was to do a full 3D biketrial game but, since I'm not a programer I decided to try a 2.5D version that is simpler to implement.

it's like that czech biketrial game from a couple of years back but textured better.

the gameplay is identical though...

In fact that's true, I liked his game and I'm trying to do my 3D version of it.

As you said it's slow and needs lots of improvments but, as I said, it's a WIP(work in progress) so it's being done when I have some time.

I want it to be pretty good so it will take a while to finish it.

I have a blog where i'm posting the news. The problem is that it's in portuguese (i thought and i'll make a English version of it).

http://biketrial3dgame.wordpress.com

Well, thank's for the post and if you want to see de progress visit my blog.

Edited by Ruben Rocha
  • Like 1

The graphics look very nice, good job !

I do have my thoughts about the gameplay though. The method with the power bar works well for gapping, but seems pretty bad for everything else. I suggest that you look at trials HD (there should be a free trial) for all the non static moves. A combination of the 2 might a good idea :)

Thank's. About the power bar it's debatable. I think it's important in almost every move (maybe I will remove from the HOP) so you can feel what you're doing and you can also fail sometimes. I could adjust the power automatically based on the height of the wall but.......

Well it's something to consider and I will wait for some replys to decide what to do.