Best iPhone 4 Contact?

Rich J

Best deal overall are the shorter contracts. I'm with 3 on a 12 month contract (think you have to phone to get it). I paid £229 up front, £32 a month for 12 months. So thats £613 total, for 500 mins, 1GB internet, loads of texts. Tesco also do similar deals to this (I haggled with 3 using the tesco deal to get them to give me more minutes and internet). The longer term contracts tend to be more expensive, e.g. 3 do a £100-ish up front fee, then £30 a month for 24 months I think...ends up more expensive. Depends how much you can afford up front really.

They do the cheapest deals around on iPhones...?

Tesco's £25/mth, one-year iPhone 4 deal works out cheapest,£342 for the 16GB handset. 250 anytime minutes, 5,000 texts, 1GB of data.

3 have okay deals, but from experience they are a shit network. May have improved since I used them last though.

Edited by Luke Dunstan

Tesco's £25/mth, one-year iPhone 4 deal works out cheapest,£342 for the 16GB handset. 250 anytime minutes, 5,000 texts, 1GB of data.

3 have okay deals, but from experience they are a shit network. May have improved since I used them last though.

That does sound like a good deal. I got my iphone in january and 3 gave me a slightly better deal than Tesco, had to ring up to ask for a 12 month contract though. 3 have been good for me so far, I hear bad things about them but haven't had any problems.

That does sound like a good deal. I got my iphone in january and 3 gave me a slightly better deal than Tesco, had to ring up to ask for a 12 month contract though. 3 have been good for me so far, I hear bad things about them but haven't had any problems.

Good point.

To the OP, it seems the best way to get a good deal is to phone about and get quotes.

Firstly how did this topic even end up here? Have I missed something with topics? Ha

I guess she could wait for the newer one to come out but she would still need a phone to fill the gap and I'm not too sure shes worried about waiting. She is currently with o2 I had a little chat with them and they seem to be able to offer some deals due to already being with them but they aren't much better than anything else really. I have suggested she would be better off paying a lump sum and getting a cheaper contract (anyone know anything about the o2 12 month thing they are advertising?) and she definately does not want a 24 month anyway. Think what may be best is popping into shops and looking then just ringing up from there, though someones mentioned Apple setting the contract prices?

Trouble is she lives in the sticks and I am pretty sure 3 and Vodafone dont work out there. Cheers for advice though. If anyone spots anything please mention it!

Firstly how did this topic even end up here? Have I missed something with topics? Ha

Thats just me doing a bit of housekeeping in the RSQ thread, trying to keep it to really small questions (eg "what does MDF stand for" (thats the best I could think of :unsure:)) rather than more in depth questions which should go into new topics :)

Thats just me doing a bit of housekeeping in the RSQ thread, trying to keep it to really small questions (eg "what does MDF stand for" (thats the best I could think of :unsure:)) rather than more in depth questions which should go into new topics :)

Yeah seen a few about kinda realised that. Good idea!