Ot: Inspirational Nick Vujicic

liam n

The fact that he ascribes his achievement to Jesus and proselytizes at every opportunity kinda diminishes his resilience . He's an awesome human , who endured terrible hardship , why pass off responsibility for that to a fictional deity when it's his own exemplary fortitude that is literally miraculous . Yeah , I get it : humility and meekness but still . This is evidence of human awesomeness not a divine plan .

Bonus comedy reply : :helmet: Ban me , devalidate me , I care not . Having a lot of experience with victim support , coercion of any sort however well presented enrages me .

All the more manipulative that his seminars are carefully scripted in such a way as to induce sympathy and inspiration and then slowly introduce words like " thankful" ( guess to whom ? ) and only once emotionally hooked does the listener get reeled into the finale : joining him in prayer (N) . Sorry to sound like an ****hole but this hidden agenda , coercive act is effectively emotional hostage taking . Is it not enough that he's simply an incredibly courageous human ?

:angel:

• Like 1

The fact that he ascribes his achievement to Jesus and proselytizes at every opportunity kinda diminishes his resilience . He's an awesome human , who endured terrible hardship , why pass off responsibility for that to a fictional deity when it's his own exemplary fortitude that is literally miraculous . Yeah , I get it : humility and meekness but still . This is evidence of human awesomeness not a divine plan .

All the more manipulative that his seminars are carefully scripted in such a way as to induce sympathy and inspiration and then slowly introduce words like " thankful" ( guess to whom ? ) and only once emotionally hooked does the listener get reeled into the finale : joining him in prayer (N) . Sorry to sound like an ****hole but this hidden agenda , coercive act is effectively emotional hostage taking . Is it not enough that he's simply an incredibly courageous human ?

i totally see your point, i am a strong athiest myself and i hate it when people preach god to me etc. i don't understand how people dedicate there lives to something or someone where there is no proof of his exsistence. but, each to their own, he is a preacher of god all though in other videos he reads out extracts from the bible all contridictive to his situation? which is confusing as he believes in god :mellow: ...he still however is an amazing person, the fact that he can take the P8ss out of himself amazes me also!

I agree about 'bible bashers' etc and think it sucks that his stuff is 'coercion' towards Jweesus, however I don't think there is no proof or evidence that 'God' does not exist. It is all around. It's the way one views 'god' or 'divine spirit' that differentiates whether one sees it in a scientific non god sense or in a 'God' sense.

If one takes it in the dogmatic sense of most religions or the religion we are taught/brainwashed etc. then I agree it is bollox, I am however not convinced, yet, that science is any more sensible than creationism (in the non literal sense.

There are alot of answers to find yet and Science in it's current form is not going to be able to answer them.

Science is good at answering 'How' but very shit at answering 'Why'