Wheel Dish

nb88

My back wheel is quite far over to the non-drive side, meaning on the drive side my brake pad is really far from the rim and on the non-drive side the brake pad is rubbing slightly.

To re-dish the wheel, do I just need to loosen non-drive side spokes and tighten drive side exactly the same? (quarter turn?). Should I loosen non-drive side first or tighten other side first? The spokes are all pretty tight and the wheel is true.

I've made a mess trueing wheels before so just after some advice on how to dish the wheel!

Cheers

Sheldon Browns guide recommended loosening 1/4 turn and tightening 1/2 turn when dishing, Im not sure if its referring specifically to when youre first tensioning the wheel though. As the wheel is already built I would go with 1/4 - 1/4 and make sure you do all spokes evenly.

Worth having a good look at the rear of your frame to make sure its striaght too! Sometimes if a wheel seems to have gone out of dish, it could mean the frame has twisted slightly. Or in my case, was never straight from the factory :(