06 Pro 2 T Problem

Ash-Kennard

right, so ive been on the phone with hope today, taken photos and they still cant fix it for me

the hub is fine when the bolts are not in the hub, as soon as the bolts are in and anything other than loose, the hub locks up.

for now im going to upload pictures and not say what ive tried so far, just to see if anyone can see anything blindingly obvious that is wrong with it.

IMG00001-20110610-1439.jpg

IMG00002-20110610-1439.jpg

IMG00003-20110610-1439.jpg

IMG00006-20110610-1440.jpg

IMG00007-20110610-1440.jpg

IMG00008-20110610-1441.jpg

any advice at all will be taken into consideration

cheers ash

Quite possibly the cartridge bearings in the freehub body and hubshell have gone. Mine did the same a while ago.

Take the body off the hub and stick your finger in the bearings and wobble from side to side. There should be little to no play. I'd replace them anyways, only cost me about £15 down the local bike shop for the replacements.

Chris

edit:

another thing to check is whether the lockring is hitting the frame when everything is tightened up. Sounds stupid, but that could easily casue it

Edited by giantwhore

Quite possibly the cartridge bearings in the freehub body and hubshell have gone. Mine did the same a while ago.

Take the body off the hub and stick your finger in the bearings and wobble from side to side. There should be little to no play. I'd replace them anyways, only cost me about £15 down the local bike shop for the replacements.

Chris

bearings were replaced yesterday... made no difference

yeh the black plastic ring< if it isnt pressed in flush or the correct way round it will cause the freehub to bind up.

THANK YOU!!!

think thats done it, just gently tapped it in flush with a screw driver and a small hammer, and its actually turning now :S

ill build it all up in a minute and see it the f**ker works.

cheers man xxxx

It looks like your end cap has been rubbing on the bearing, this happened to me and jamed it up. If you access to a lathe jest turn the end cap down so there is a lip in the centre to rest on the centre of the bearing or just get a new end cap.

It looks like your end cap has been rubbing on the bearing, this happened to me and jamed it up. If you access to a lathe jest turn the end cap down so there is a lip in the centre to rest on the centre of the bearing or just get a new end cap.

do you mean this?

IMG00006-20110610-1440.jpg

should this end cap have grooves in it? hope said it wasnt supposed to.

Make sure you have the spacer inbetween the free hub body and the bearing's (when you take out the free hub body there will be bearings stuck in the hub as you can see in your picture) i didnt and it kept locking up, the spacer is like £2! look on youtube for the hope pro2 video and do what he does! :)

From the picture I still think it is the end cap. The part between the red circles has worn down so the sholder is not doing anything and is sitting up against the inner ring of the bearing causing the outer part (between the green circles) to rub on the outter ring of the bearing. so when you tighten it up the end cap locks the inner and outer rings of the bearing together stoping it from working stoping the free hub from turning.

5819571502_f5a2281722_z.jpg

i had this same problem, i had to replace everything to get rid of it, after i bought all the new parts including freehub hope replaced all of the bits so i have a new axle, washers and fully services freehub by hope sat in a jiffy bag going cheap if you need or want them