New Frame.

extremedougie

hi guys i was just thinking about getting a new frame in the next couple of months but dont really know what to get. I have an echo lite right now which is a really light frame and am thinking about getting a frame with around about the same weight but a lot stronger than the echo.

any suggestions?

thanks, dougie. (Y)

hi guys i was just thinking about getting a new frame in the next couple of months but dont really know what to get. I have an echo lite right now which is a really light frame and am thinking about getting a frame with around about the same weight but a lot stronger than the echo.

any suggestions?

thanks, dougie. (Y)

to be honest, your not gunna get anything out there with a similar weight which is stronger.

Why do you want to change frames?

to be honest, your not gunna get anything out there with a similar weight which is stronger.

Why do you want to change frames?

i dont mind if it is around 400g heavier i just want something that is stronger. I want a new frame because i my mate has the same frame and his one cracked really easily so i am kinda scared to go for as much stuff on mine now and around christmas time i will have had my frame for a year so just fancy something different :)

Was me mate :) Brother had left his profile logged on haha.

Id recommend the Onza Ice 2 mate. Rides really really nicely, and I think it looks great!

haha! yeh it looks nice and my mate has one so i've had a few shots and it ride rather nice :P thats the kind of frame i am looking for to be honest. The limey 20 looks nice too :P

The Ice is a fair bit heavier than the Echo :/

I dont mind if it is like 400g heavier just something stronger :)(Y)

I dont mind if it is like 400g heavier just something stronger :)(Y)

You must have confused me when you said :

thanks, dougie. (Y)

:P

400g is a massive difference when it comes to frames.

Considering there's only about 800g between some of the lightest and heaviest frames out.

400g is a decent mid point then :D

Im kidding, Yes the Ice isn't the lightest frame out there, but they ride very well. You could easily save weight in other areas and still have a strong frame. I love mine.

Im not a massive fan of the limey 320. They just feel really short, but I've never got along with short frames.

I'd go for the Ice mate. I really cant feel the difference in weight when Im riding it.

Edited by Echo Lite 09
  • Like 1

I want a new frame because i my mate has the same frame and his one cracked really easily

If it's the one I think it is, it looked like he'd gone to bash quite a lot, quite hard on it. If you do that with any frame it'll break. If you don't, it should be fine...

If it's the one I think it is, it looked like he'd gone to bash quite a lot, quite hard on it. If you do that with any frame it'll break. If you don't, it should be fine...

Its the guy that i made a video with and showed the crack at the end. It gets bashed ALOT, but according to Dougie and Darren, you can't crack your frame going to bash ;)