Where The Hell Can I Get These?!

weirdoku

• 2 weeks later...

hu408z43__________1.jpg

Cannot find a place to buy these anywhere, I need a few on my hubs. 2 have cracked. Anyone know a place I can buy em? Order online somewhere??

What is it you're after? The one in the pic looks like a bearing locknut... The fixies I've seen use the same thread as trials screw on hubs then have the thin lockring to stop the sprocket from unscrewing when put under pressure but they have a much larger ID and finer thread.

Edit: VeloSolo Have a few sprocket lockrings in both steel and ally. If you need what's in your picture can you not just get a couple of thin M10 nuts instead?...

What is it you're after? The one in the pic looks like a bearing locknut... The fixies I've seen use the same thread as trials screw on hubs then have the thin lockring to stop the sprocket from unscrewing when put under pressure but they have a much larger ID and finer thread.

Edit: VeloSolo Have a few sprocket lockrings in both steel and ally. If you need what's in your picture can you not just get a couple of thin M10 nuts instead?...

They're called locknuts yes. I know about velosolo but they don't do the exact same as the photo. I went round some local bike shops and none of them had any spare! However I've solved (or temporarily) the problem. I've replaced the locknuts on my fixed hub with the cone nuts from my demolition bulimia hub that's the same width as the locknuts on my track hub. I had to drill the cone nuts out to M10 as the bulimia hub cone nuts was 3/8. Now I have a nice looking hub with cone nuts that sits flush with the bearings.

I also found out why the originally locknuts cracked though. It was because my rear dropout spacing wasn't 120mm like it's suppose to be, it's more like 128mm when I measured it. I know you can get away with a few mm but 4mm on each side is a lot so when I tighten the rear end the dropouts pull towards each other at an angle like \ / causing more force on one half of the locknut and eventually they cracked.