Brake Mount Filing

Azarathal

The left hand side seems to be fine now, the right hand side is still pissed as a fart but the brake pad was worn at an angle so I'm hoping it's sorted.

If it isnt sorted what can I do? Would my warrenty be affected by facing my mounts? I've also put a small scratch on the downtube, would that affect it?

The left hand side seems to be fine now, the right hand side is still pissed as a fart but the brake pad was worn at an angle so I'm hoping it's sorted.

If it isnt sorted what can I do? Would my warrenty be affected by facing my mounts? I've also put a small scratch on the downtube, would that affect it?

sorry was thinking that the top edge of the brake pad would be parallel with the seat stay that the brake mount is on.... of course it isn't so if you file as per video it should come out fine. Ive never heard of anyone facing brake mounts like that? I suppose it would be possible to set up in a mill but i certainly wouldn't try it!

I doubt the warranty would be affected if you haven't removed much material , neither would the DT scratch.

Well I got it from Jack which I assume got it from you as you're the only UK Importer for Echo arent you?

So technically he's a the dealer and you're the distributor so... I'd take it to Jack, Jack would send it to you and it becomes a pain in the arse? :P

We were out of stock when you wanted to order the bike, and we're still out of stock now.

That should give you your answer.

Hey guys bit of info to try and clear up any thoughts about this topic to best i can.

We were out of stock when you wanted to order the bike, and we're still out of stock now.

That should give you your answer.

The bike in question was private sale between me and mike as I was in a position to help him out.

did someone say Dan Ko???

Que dices hombre?

There are two UK importers though, remember - TartyBikes and SelectBikes - however, I believe SelectBikes haven't had any of these bikes in yet. Weird.

I know of only 2 distributors active in the UK and another one on its way but no sole distributor.

So does that mean you can't order them from another country through mail order site who have ordered them from the Echo factory ?

Hasn't Barrow Farm got something to do with Select bikes? Or am I thinking Radical bikes...

Nope neither buddy. www.radicalbikes.co.uk check the site see what they are about.

Mikey (Azarthal) mentioned his Brake mount issue earlier. It's a classic lacquer lump that needed a soft rub of a small file to get to the flush surface of the mount. It went through a thorough mechanical service of being put together and the alignment was questioned but when it was gently pressed against the rim it lined up perfectly. This must have meant that the pad had a bit more pressure being applied to it on one side than we could see. Now fully resolved.

If you're wondering how i got hold of a this bike, it came from a friend in China. I'm not on a live website and selling as a distributor. Nor do i intend to sell echo as a distributor. This was a private sale between me and Mike.

Just to lay an idea to rest that Ali might or might not have implied: the bike had nothing to do with Dan Ko. (P.s Give us a holla, dude and let's catch up. Drop us a phone number pal in my inbox).

Cheers

Jack

Any itchin' questions or issues anyone feels I have not made clear, let me know. I will try to reply.

• Like 1

Who's due to be the third distributor? Chatted with Echo about the situation recently and they said there would only be 2 for the foreseeable future.

Of course anyone is entitled to buy from overseas, however Echo have been made aware by all their official dealers (not just the UK) of the current increasing grey import trend, and they are keen to stop it with various measures now in place.

Back to the question that started this discussion, I guess if the bike was sold as a mate, then unfortunately there is clearly no warranty Mike, although if Jack was so kind as to help you out in the event of a problem that would be pretty mega.

I must admit I am becoming slightly concerned by the number of grey import parts floating about (advertised on places like Facebook), as its not good for the stability of the market, giving the official dealers less confidence in continuing to support that brand. You also then get people trying it on with warranty claims with the official channels, since their source is unable to provide such a service, but I guess you pay your money and make your choice!

Of course people with nouse will always try and make a few extra quid on the side, but long term its not sustainable IMO unless they decide to turn it into a proper business (and therefore have to deal with the associated costs).

Longest post I've made for a while! Guess I'm just pretty passionate about the situation, since what we do has to support 6 employees and the requirements of riders throughout the world.

• Like 3

Back to the question that started this discussion, I guess if the bike was sold as a mate, then unfortunately there is clearly no warranty Mike, although if Jack was so kind as to help you out in the event of a problem that would be pretty mega.

I would definitely help him out as the contact i have can really help me if i need to make a request for that sort of situation.

I must admit I am becoming slightly concerned by the number of grey import parts floating about (advertised on places like Facebook), as its not good for the stability of the market, giving the official dealers less confidence in continuing to support that brand. You also then get people trying it on with warranty claims with the official channels, since their source is unable to provide such a service, but I guess you pay your money and make your choice!

I agree if it increases with the grey import routes. Im not saying who the member of the forum is but i have notice one of them sign up not so long ago. Not connected to me though.

Longest post I've made for a while! Guess I'm just pretty passionate about the situation, since what we do has to support 6 employees and the requirements of riders throughout the world.

It was a good post Ad. Keep up the good work you guys do.