Problem With Unknown Pads

1a2bcio8

If you have tried everything and no joy. There is a high chance your pads are contaminated beyond salvation. Change you pads and grind you rim then you should be laughing. Bawhaha.

Lewis recently had a wheel built with oil as lube for the spoke nipple. It leaked onto the rim and the pads and no matter what we did the brake would not hold and sounded quite. We finally replaced the pads and all was normal again. So what happened is the equivalent of getting oil on your disc pads. The oil had soaked into the polyurethane which caused huge brake failure. Even sanding the braking surface clean didn't help.

Bottom line is oil and brake don't mix.

It's a Simtra st-1 or something like that. Seems a bit too long and low for my tastes but I'm going to get a higher rise stem and see what that does. May have to look into a new frame though to be honest.

Maybe they need bedding in? I mean perhaps you bedded them in for your friend? I think they are basically new. Is that the case with magura pads? I'm not very well versed with trials tech these days...

Thanks though.

Going off topic so apologies in advance...

If you decide to look into a new frame I'll almost definitely have the old one off you.