Bike Problem

trialskidy

Hi there's a problem with my bb cup it is rounded off so when u pedal it gets lose and when u go back it tighten's and no matter how much i tighten it still ends up lose.

I brought a new bb cup to replace it but i cant get the old 1 of i do have the tool for it its just rounded of on the end of it so any one got any idea's?

Edited by trialskidy

I dont have it atm its at halfords but they rang up and said they prob wont be able to do it....

Forgot to mention it's the drive side.

Halfords? Bad move...They have a bad rep when it comes to repairs, rightfully so in most cases.

Best to take it to your nearest Local Bike Shop!

Does the bb cup screw into the frame or the bb ?

200_ttslite2.jpg

They come in two parts, both screw into the frame. One part has the spindle attached, the other is separate and holds the other end of the spindle in place.

I can never remember which part you should screw in to what side of the frame.

A helpful tutorial.

If they don't end of fixing it my only other option is to buy another frame if you try hammer the thing out it will mess up the frame's screw bit's and wont be able to put another 1 in.

Before you take a hammer to the frame definitely pop into a LBS (NOT Halfords) and get their opinion, if they are good they should be able to see instantly whether it can be fixed or not.

Edited by AndrewEH1