Dh Bike

ogre

i want to get into DH, i'm not on an amazing budget, but before i get giddy with browsing i wanna know what i should roughly be expecting to pay for a bike thats got a decent set up, i've been playing with bikes for 6 years and i'm prepared to pay for the right thing, but i wanna have an aim for saving, bikenerds, educate me

To get started, secondhand Kona Stinky or something equally wank for £750. (I believe they're like the T-Pro of DH bikes).

I know a group of DH riders who go to Hallam. They're part of the cycling society thing. I put you in contact yes?

How big are you? I'm selling my girlfriend's DH bike - incidentally a Kona Stinky. It's about 5 years old I think, 2006 rings a bell but I'd have to check. We bought it 2 years ago for a holiday in the Alps 2 summers ago, and it's only been used for a week in Morzine (by a girl) and sitting gathering dust since then. Before that it was owned by some rich 14 year old kid from Buckinghamshire, I don't think he ever rode it because it was immaculate when I got it (still is). I.e. it's 5 years old but almost brand new.

It's a small frame

Marzocchi 888 forks, the rest of the spec I'd have to look up but it's all pretty decent stuff.

Everything completely sound, all works perfectly.

I'm after £500 ish, I'm also in Sheffield so you're welcome to come and have a looksie.

i was thinking the same, i'd imagine a shorter frame would be a bit flickier and fun, and may ease the transition from riding a zoot to a big bouncy thing, cause even a short is miles bigger than a trials frame (thats a wild assumption so feel free to shoot me down on that) i'm sure i could fix it with a different bar and stem. so excited to get into this! tomm i have sent you a pm, please get back i'm so excited it hurts haha. i'm in the beleif that the last bike i rode was a short cause the owner wasn't much over 5ft and i still enjoyed that bike...

i was thinking the same, i'd imagine a shorter frame would be a bit flickier and fun, and may ease the transition from riding a zoot to a big bouncy thing, cause even a short is miles bigger than a trials frame (thats a wild assumption so feel free to shoot me down on that) i'm sure i could fix it with a different bar and stem. so excited to get into this! tomm i have sent you a pm, please get back i'm so excited it hurts haha. i'm in the beleif that the last bike i rode was a short cause the owner wasn't much over 5ft and i still enjoyed that bike...

No you're not wrong. With totems on the front my stinky has a wheelbase of around 1300 if i remember correctly. Cockpit feels nice and snug though so it is beautifully nimble at the same time. Just nipping to the shops becomes something to look forward too :lol: