Cycle To Work, Where?

Tomy P

Hi,

I am trying to find a shop participating in the cycle to work scheme which allows you to buy a bike before tax and pay back over 12 months.

Great opportunity for me to get a new trials bike and make the associated tax savings at the same time, except I cannot find somewhere who sells trials bikes.

Anyone have any ideas? Tarty are not participating in the scheme sadly.

Tom

Hi,

I am trying to find a shop participating in the cycle to work scheme which allows you to buy a bike before tax and pay back over 12 months.

Great opportunity for me to get a new trials bike and make the associated tax savings at the same time, except I cannot find somewhere who sells trials bikes.

Anyone have any ideas? Tarty are not participating in the scheme sadly.

Tom

i cant see anywhere that sell trials bikes doing that as they know theyre probably not exactly going to be used for travelling to work on, highlandbikes do a pay later scheme but they only stock onza and inspired, new zoot is on there if that's up your alley

Edited by old'scoolfool

youd be surprised, the shop i work at, we have sold customers frames, suspension forks, clothing etc for cyclescheme vouchers, alot of shops will be able to bend the rules slightly for you, at the end of the day, business is business. look for any shop that sells haro or premium bmx's. theyll have an account with moore large, who distribute onza, cant see any shops being able to get hold of anything else to be fair

Tarty bikes is not a Halfords supplier. To be a Halfords supplier it would have to be approved by Halfords head office and that has not been done, and one individual store cannot be supplied bikes by one supplier, it has to be a company wide supplier. Sorry if I sound funny here but I am a Bikehut Manager and I am in constant contact with our head office and am quite friendly with some of the guys there. Again sorry if I sound out of place but i am just trying to give my side of things and the best advice i can. If you were to ring the Halfords Business Services they may be able to outsource certain bikes but as I have already said i very much doubt they will be able to get trials bikes. If they could get one I would be riding an Inspired.

Apologies if you really are going to use your trials bike to cycle to work ( :S ) but if not then its cases like this which is exactly why the government is apparently about to make the cycle2work scheme a lot more expensive to use. This has come about after those responsible for funding the scheme (government officials I guess?) wised up on the amount of people that would buy a bike for the weekend/their mum/daughter/cousin/to sell on for profit and would continue driving to work. It means those of us who do make the effort to cycle to work most days may now lose out if these changes get put forward. Just for people's information I guess, not sure many are aware of this news yet and not meant as a poke at the OP.