Gaming Headsets

Luke Dunstan

Looking to upgrade my headset from a Turtle Beach X31, to something with more features and better sound quality.

Does anybody have experience, or have any high end headsets that they would reccomend?

Was looking at these...

turtlebeach_mw3_earforcedelta.jpg

Turtle Beach Ear Force

Any help would be great.

Edited by Luke Dunstan

I'm sorry but this is like the Dr.Dre Beats thread.

Clever observation, they're similar in the way they are questions about headphones. Have a gold star.

Are those headphones the reason why I get my ass kicked on cod?

They can make a hug difference, if you get a good set you can hear directional noises like surround sound so you can tell where people are coming from.

Not essential, but it can make a difference.

Clever observation, they're similar in the way they are questions about headphones. Have a gold star.

They can make a hug difference, if you get a good set you can hear directional noises like surround sound so you can tell where people are coming from.

Not essential, but it can make a difference.

I think he was going more for the fact that it's shite marketed to idiots with too much money, but yeah.

what's wrong with the x31's? I've got a set of x11's and I can hear directional sound.

If you need to drop £200 to potentially improve your SWEET SKILLS at call of duty, you need to rethink your priorities in life.

• Like 1

I think he was going more for the fact that it's shite marketed to idiots with too much money, but yeah.

what's wrong with the x31's? I've got a set of x11's and I can hear directional sound.

If you need to drop £200 to potentially improve your SWEET SKILLS at call of duty, you need to rethink your priorities in life.

This.

I use/used x11's and could still beat people wearing A40's. It isn't just a case of pay £200 on headset and instantly be good.

I have money spare, and want to upgrade. no need to be a d**k about it.

This.

I use/used x11's and could still beat people wearing A40's. It isn't just a case of pay £200 on headset and instantly be good.

I know that's not the case I was asking for opinions on high end gaming headsets, not a debate on what I'm choosing to spend my money on.

I've got a pair of 5 year old Sennheisers. They are beast.

I looked at the Sennheisers, they seem to have great reviews so I'll look in to them! thanks.

Using platronics Gamecom 777 myself had them for over a year now, still work briliantly. If they do fail I will most likely go for Logitech G35 or Razer megalodon - LINKY

Can any of these be used for different tasks, like PC and Xbox?

EDIT: Hit the link and found the answers. Thanks.

Edited by Luke Dunstan

what I was leading on to is that you hit a point of diminishing returns when buying audio stuff.

the £200 headset isn't going to be 2x as good as the £100 set. the limited edition ones, 75% of what you're paying is going on the useless features that make them appear to be the second coming of christ. you're not getting better sound quality, you're getting green LEDs and 'military texture', expensive doesn't always equate to good.

The only upgrade you're really going to get is wireless. the x41's are exactly the same thing and half the price, to me it's a no brainer.

what I was leading on to is that you hit a point of diminishing returns when buying audio stuff.

the £200 headset isn't going to be 2x as good as the £100 set. the limited edition ones, 75% of what you're paying is going on the useless features that make them appear to be the second coming of christ. you're not getting better sound quality, you're getting green LEDs and 'military texture', expensive doesn't always equate to good.

The only upgrade you're really going to get is wireless. the x41's are exactly the same thing and half the price, to me it's a no brainer.

I see what you're saying, That does make sense.

I think before I made my mind up I would have to listen to some, which may change my mind about buying ones for that amount.

Thanks, and you're not a d**k. :P