Echo Tr Disc Brake

Stevey

I wonder how well a hope caliper would work on an Echo Lever using Hope seals in the lever? If thats possible?

I think that would be possible but it would cost a bit of money to get a new caliper and seals. I just want to replace the caliper piston seal but I don't know where to get a replacement.

Stevey

it will work in this direction because mineral oil isn´t as agressive as DOT.It wouldn´t work the other direction though.

Oh right cheers, I wasn't sure so I guess I will buy the Hope seal then because it is the same size.

Thanks Stevey

The inner diameter is the same. Whether they will fit the caliper is a completely different matter. Tarty should know.

I was woundering that so I have sent them an email to make sure but it should fit seen as they have the same caliper. I just hope that it work.

No it isn't :rolleyes:

It has the same piston size and seal size and is based very closely on the Mono Trial caliper so it pretty much is the same inside but with a slightly different external appearance. :P

Edited by Stevey

It has the same piston size and seal size and is based very closely on the Mono Trial caliper so it pretty much is the same inside but with a slightly different external appearance. :P

it has a different piston size, by a few mm's, hence it not being as powerful as the mono trial

not quite.

The caliper is very similar, but is forged rather than cnced like the Hope one, they do use the same size piston and seals though. The difference in power is due to the lever having a 14mm piston (rather an a 8 or 9mm in the hope) they do compensate for that by placing the lever pivot closer to the piston to give a higher leverage ratio though. The Echo rotors are also made out of a harder metal which means they take a long time to bed in.

they do compensate for that by placing the lever pivot closer to the piston to give a higher leverage ratio though

Finally! I was trying to solve this puzzle for a while now, blamed my eyesight for not seeing the difference in master cylinder diameter between the rim and disc brake. Never measured them.

Recently installed a TR disc lever onto an HS33 and that made it slightly spongy and quite a lot more powerful. With some stiff forks like Trialtech or Bonz, it could actually be a very good upgrade.

The caliper is very similar, but is forged rather than cnced like the Hope one, they do use the same size piston and seals though.

That is what I was trying to say about the caliper because I need a new seal for it and someone suggested the Hope seals and then this debate about wether it would fit or not started. :) Now it is sorted that they will fit, I just hope that the seals will work. Cheers for helping! (Y)