Coming Over For A Visit In May/june, Is There A Comp Calendar Up?

DangerousDave

I am coming over at the end of May and early part of June for a short visit and was wondering if there were any competitions that I could ride while I'm there.

Is there a single calendar that has all the dates? If not can someone please list the different organizations that run events or point me to their websites.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

The Biketrial Federation website has an events page (http://biketrialuk.co.uk/Events.htm) that has a calendar with all or most of the UK and international competition dates.

In May and June there are a few events taking place throughout the UK:

6th May: British Trials Cup Rnd 2, Blackpool, Lancashire

13th May: Crowthorne Cycle Trials Club Rnd 3, Hook Wood Trial Centre

13th May: Scottish Biketrial Club Rnd 2, Kinlochleven

27th May: Scottish Biketrial Club Rnd 3, Kirkliston (provisional)

9th June: British Trials Cup Rnd 3 & Scottish Biketrial Club Rnd 4, Fort William, Scotland (alongside the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup)

10th June: British Trials Cup Rnd 4 & Scottish Biketrial Club Rnd 5, Fort William, Scotland (alongside the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup)

17th June: Crowthorne Cycle Trials Club Rnd 4, Brackendene, Addlestone Moor

So depending on when you're coming and where you're staying, you should definitely be able to take in a competition or two! I'd recommend any of the above events, but particularly the British nationals at Blackpool and Fort William, which are always great events with an amazing atmosphere and high turnout. If you're planning on going to Fort William, I'd try and book your accomodation in advance, as it fills up quickly!

If you have any other questions, just let me know!

Ben

Edited by Ben Swales

We had the Tyke Trial AGM yesterday and set our dates and venues, so there's another date to add to that list (Tyke Trial Round 3 - 20th May - Branshaw Quarry).

It is pretty straighforward to get around the UK by train, just try to book in advance to save yourself a bit of money. The only problem I forsee with using the train to try and get to these comps is that due to the nature of the venues (apart from Blackpool and Fort William, which will be very well served with public transport), they're not easy to get to using public transport. I'm sure people who are going would be happy to pick you up from the nearest train station however. I'll be going to the Tykes round and the British rounds, so would be happy to offer my services for those.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I'm not entirely sure. I won't have a ton of time and I'll probably be staying in Nottingham then heading to Belgium for the UCI round. How easy is it to travel by train across the UK?

Why the heck would you wanna stay in nottingham?? Hahah

Come stay in Essex dave and ride barrow farm :).