Help Choosing Tyres..

Adam-Griffin

I'm just in the process of buying some new tyres for my control, when I suddenly realised I have no idea when it comes to 26". Having always rode 20" before now, I've just gone with creepy crawlers and just assumed thats what I'd go for this time lol >_<

Looking for something with a decent grip, and that will last a while. Weight and pinch resistance aren't quite as important.

I've noticed tarty have these on offer, but am i right in thinking they don't to wear down pretttyyyy quickly?

What about high rollers, how do they preform?

I've had a look at the conti's, but they're a little out of my price range at the moment...

Basically just wondering what other people use, and ,maybe some quick reviews :)

Thanks ^_^

What you want is one of these!!

Seriously though the Stikys are a great deal if you can't afford a conti. Up front though it's worth taking the time to chop every other knob off, also Mark Westlake sliced straight down the middle one all the way around to spread the tread and I assume improve the grip. If you come across a der kaiser at a good price though don't hesitate to get one, absolutely awesome tyre!

I would go for a Kenda small block on the front, and a Try-all stiky on the rear.

Two great looking tyres that'll have loads of life, loads of grip, and are not on the expensive side either.

Kenda small blocks are dogshit for grip.

My experience (riding alot of natural of different sorts, in the wet etc) from best to ok:

Rear:

Continental Der Kaiser / Rain King

Maxxis Highroller 2.35 dual ply super tacky

Try-all Stiky 2.5

Front:

Try-All Stiky

Maxxis larsen TT 2.35 super tacky single ply

Maxxis Highroller 2.1 eXCeption series

Try-all and Maxxis have the same compound. Maxxis wins on the rear as it rolls (side to side) less than the rounder, wider stiky.

Maxxis and try-all up front are similar grip wise, try-all is lighter and bit more precise as its narrower.

Seems that you don't really want to spent to much

Going by price

Rear

Maxxis 2.35 supertacky double ply are really good

Minion, high roller. They are all great

Conti der kaiser

Try all sticky light

Front

Single ply maxxis super tacky, again they are all good, high roller and minion are great

Older try all

Try all shift