Re-Painting

CalRobbo341

Got these arriving Monday/Tuesday and they have a couple marks on them (there second hand) and I want to spray paint over them (black) Just wondering if I have to strip them and then paint or just paint where I need?

Same story I have these and want to spray pain them black, strip and paint or just paint.

If I have to strip and paint someone please link me on how to so I dont mess things up :)

Thanks (Y)

Edited by Callumm

You could probably just spray the forks as they are anodised, not sure for the bars though they seem to be powder-coated (assuming you have the white bars, cause why would you spray something black, black) so if you want to do a proper job you could strip them and get them anodised somewhere local. Or just spray them if you are not too bothered...

• Like 1

I've never bothered stripping to bare metal when I've sprayed stuff, and my spray jobs have held up pretty well... I generally just sand the surface of the old paint a bit to give the primer something to 'key' to, then do a silly amount of real thin coats of primer, then colour, then lacquer. Simples (Y)

• Like 2

Nothing too coarse. You want to rough the surface up enough to give some grab, but if you get too savage with things then you'll end up with a pretty brutal finish. Take the shine off and you'll be alright (but remember to clear off all the dust that's left or the paint won't stick!)

when we're keying paint at work we nrmally use 240 grit, seems to work pretty well

Will do it later on, any specific spray paint I should use also?

just pick a colour you like, the technique is the most important part, remember the more effort and time you put in the better the result will be

EDIT; actually i'd avoid hammerite sprays, the last time i used one it was shite!

Edited by err
  • Like 1

just pick a colour you like, the technique is the most important part, remember the more effort and time you put in the better the result will be

I found out that both things I want to spray (that's what she said (Y)) are anodised, so do I have to get like a mixture and what not? It says in the info on tarty's, I think

Edited by Callumm

I found out that both things I want to spray (that's what she said (Y)) are anodised, so do I have to get like a mixture and what not? It says in the info on tarty's, I think

i've never painted anything that's been anodised, so i can't really help you there bud, sorry