Tank Brake Fluid

staryarm69

i think in future i will just try thing for my self as the topic has proved to be hard work but thanks to those have help

Dude, stop sulking.

People are trying to help you not f**k up your brakes with the wrong fluid... Christ i've been cringing my way through this whole thread.

The second part was a serious question as well (though a bit sarcastically written). Apart from you telling us it's harder do you have any data to back up that it is anything other than DOT fluid?

as i mentioned a few times im not sure and didnt think about the dot part. the lad who is giving me it is a tank mechanic, one day i was bleeding my brake in the sink with water and antifreeze and he asked why i used it, i told him long story short i profer it as it has a harder feel at the lever as in u can feel the pads hitting the rim and lees spongy feel. he then told me how the fluid they use for tank brakes is as free flowing as water but around 20 30% denser has no change by tempreture up to 300 degrees so i thought you cud be worth a go not like its gonna cost anything. but all depends on the dot part as stated im not sure if it is or isnt but it probably will be.

Dude, stop sulking.

People are trying to help you not f**k up your brakes with the wrong fluid... Christ i've been cringing my way through this whole thread.

as iv already stated if its dot fluid which it probably is but im not sure i will not be trying it

I think jizz would make good brake fluid, the sperm could swim towards or away from the pistons as required for extra power.

haha think air bubbles my be hard to remove