New Brakes And Stem Fitted To My New Ashton Justice

dpbayly

Well after picking up my Ashton Justice a couple of weeks back i first set about neatening it up a little by spraying a few bits white and fitting some new rubber and i then posted some pics and got good feedback but was advised to change the stem and bars to lift the front end up and after riding the other day it felt like i was way to far over the front wheel so brought a new stem from tarty which arrived today so sprayed it up white and fitted it tonight along with my new rear magura with trail tech booster recently purchased from peggysue and my new front Avid Juciy 5 brought from Brettoll, thanks guys pleasure doing business.,

Here's a before pic of the old stem 125mm 5Deg rise:

2012-02-21193602.jpg

and the after with the new stem 110mm 35Deg rise:

2012-02-21194509.jpg

Thanks for the advise guys it feel much better.

you got a juicy 5? have you used it yet and is it any good?

just wondering as all my juicys have been utter shit, leak like a sieve, and have little to no power.

Yep its fitted and no leaks and locks solid with one finger with very little effort it's set up on a 203mm rotor, it came with a 185mm rotor but i already had a bb7 with the 203mm rotor so kept that instead.

I was going to only run this till i came across a hope mini but im not going to be rushing to find one as im happy so far.

• 2 weeks later...

re the stem, I ran a stock stem on my Ashton edd tongue, felt shite. got a 90 x 35 stem now, loads better. and the brake, I used to have a juicy 7 with a Magura Julie disk, organic pads, it was like riding into a brick wall. and hold was good too. avids are really sensitive to what disk you use. and it was only a 160 as well