My Ride

Mr Rankin

Have been making small changes to my 24" over winter and have decided on this spec to start the season on. Little bit worried about tyre choice on wet slippery rocks but am going to have to deal with that as it comes.

Rides beautifully and feels lighter than it is, coust pads front and rear on a harsh grind is the only way.

Thanks to TartyBikes for their continued support and to RadicalBikes for offering such an amazing facility in which to practice.

Hopefully see lots of you people this year as i plan to get about

post-12945-0-56253200-1331116394_thumb.j

post-12945-0-53970600-1331116462_thumb.j

post-12945-0-37880400-1331116474_thumb.j

I havnt tried a 26" stem no, that is the same stem i used on my mod and is the same as the frame designer uses (juan de le pena)

Had a 2 minute hop on an echo but it wasnt set up very well, however it did feel lighter than mine at the time.

160mm cranks again from my mod, not a fan of long cranks as my legs are shorter than most peoples arms

That looks swish always liked them

Quick question, what height are you, i just built my echo 24 and not sure on stem length the now i using 20mm spacer, monty ti 145 x 26 i think and I'm 5"4

Also good idea on crank lenght i just went std 170

How are you finding this back wheeling stuff/taps and which one of two techniques do you use mostly? I am strugling on my echo 24. My max tap on 26 was around 44-46 inches on vertical wall where I can barrely do 40 on this... And after 3 months of riding it I sometimes still visually tap as a 26...I also didnt see much change in sidehoping this though.

Edited by 3dd

to answer a few questions; firstly im a short ass at 5,5" which made perfect sense to try the 24" as i could never get on with a stock. After around 5 months on the kabra i can honestly say i can go bigger on everything....the main improvement have been gaps but i have increased my sidehop by an inch or so compared to my mod.

I run 160mm mod cranks and find them perfect for fitting in full pedal strokes on close run ups where others only manage a half.

Lastly the tapping a 24 issue! i can sympathise with you as i also struggle to tap mine, around 45" vertical wall is somewhere near my comfortable limit but find pedalling to rear without the tap can be done higher! Just a strange feeling if you are used to touching the front. My suggestion.....pedal to front....much more street cred haha