Iolo Bikes 24"

RobinJI

Hey guys, it's been a while since I've ventured out of chit-chat, but I was wondering if anyone knew the whereabouts of my old 24" frame? It was a IOLObikes frame made to my spec, and it's quite distinctive. It went through a couple of my friends before I lost track of it, but the last owner I knew was Tom Howe from Taunton.

It's a brazed T45 steel frame with an oval downtube, a reinforcing plate under the left chain-stays, horizontal dropouts, 4 bolt Magura mounts under the seat-stays and internal cable routing.

If anyone knows where it's ended up I'd love to know, and ideally get it back.

Some pictures of it in my ownership, although it was looking a bit more used last time I saw it:

Frontlow.jpg

Drive-sidefront.jpg

DSCF1496.jpg

Headtube.jpg

seatarea.jpg

TopBack.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

i havnt looked a chit chat on here for years.

for some reason i did today.

i couldnt resist replying.

its crazy to see those pictures. seems like quite a while ago !!

im currently working as a frame builder on the west coast of canada.

i have made 2-3 road bikes since..... but tomorrow i am about to start building my first custom trials frame in YEARS ! possibly since the one you had.

crazy to bump into this thread.

thanks for posting, hope you track it down. :)

and thanks for being a great customer way back ! ! ! :)

Aran iolo Cook.

i havnt looked a chit chat on here for years.

for some reason i did today.

i couldnt resist replying.

its crazy to see those pictures. seems like quite a while ago !!

im currently working as a frame builder on the west coast of canada.

i have made 2-3 road bikes since..... but tomorrow i am about to start building my first custom trials frame in YEARS ! possibly since the one you had.

crazy to bump into this thread.

thanks for posting, hope you track it down. :)

and thanks for being a great customer way back ! ! ! :)

Aran iolo Cook.

Cheers Aran. It was a great frame and I wish I'd never got rid of it. I ended up swapping it for a 26" because I wanted a change. I'm probably going to have a go at making my self a frame in the summer as it's something I've been wanting to do for a while, but never got around to, and I should have all the equipment in the summer. I'd still love to get this back though.

If I remember right I think you did two more after mine, you definitely did a streety 26" for someone because I remember them asking me questions about it, and I thought there was another 24" too. I'll be interested to see what you come up with now, the road frames you've posted on here looked gorgeous.

ask Tom who he sold it to and work your way forwards?

It went on Ebay to someone non-local unfortunately. This was a fair few years ago as well, it may be in his Ebay history, but that may or may not help. I'll ask when I see him next anyway.