Wheel Problem

isitafox

This is something that's bothered me for a while but I've never been able to sort it so I'm after some advice on how to fix it.

My rear wheel is a Trialtech Sport Circle rim with a Der Kaiser fitted and there is and has always been one part of the tyre that doesn't sit right in the bead slot. It'll sit in perfectly all round one side but on the other there's always about 10" that sits into the rim and I can't get it out.

It isn't always the same spot on the tyre or rim, no matter what I do I cannot get it sat properly all the way around so there is always almost an egg to the wheel which is really annoying. I've tried pumping the tyre up to try and pop it into the bead slot but If i try and pull it out the other side pushes in. I thought that the wheel might have been eged from me tightening spokes to true it up but I've checked it and it looks spot on.

Does anyone else run the same wheel setup that can comment or has anyone had the same problem?

I did have a similar problem a couple of years ago when i had an old worn Rain King that i was trying out for the first time. When i bought a new one it was fine. This doesn't really help if your after a solution but at least you know your not the only one!

Daveee its the rim when I had my trialtech rim with Der kaiser I had the same issue, with the sl and the undrilled, when I got my echo rims its been good a gold, I know not ideal but if you changed the rim you'd be fine.

Daveee its the rim when I had my trialtech rim with Der kaiser I had the same issue, with the sl and the undrilled, when I got my echo rims its been good a gold, I know not ideal but if you changed the rim you'd be fine.

Stan's running a der kaiser with a sl rim and im pretty sure his is seated properly.

It's not something silly like the bead is sitting on your rim tape in certain places on your rim is it? that's the only thing i can think of off hand :/

Could be that actually Cap good call. I single walled it a while back which means the rim tape is a bit too wide now though I didn't want to cut it down cause it covered the edges where I'd ground the rim back. May strip it down and have a butchers later on as I'm stuck at work all day and have nothing better to do!