Disc Brake On Front?

supafly1982

Probably the same reason I've ditched my Avid elixir 3, bleeding them is a nause and parts are not so easily replaced. Hence i got rid of mine because I was forever watching it to make sure I didn't break it, where as my BB5, I have a spare calliper and lever sat in the cupboard so the elixir is sat on my xc bike at the moment because I'm less likely to fall off and break it... Especially when your a beginner like me >_<

aye i suppose it could work out prety expensive, ive got the new XT's on my ragley blue pig, awesome brakes for the size and pretty much just the same as SLX, only difference is the freestroke function on the XT but its next to useless, can get a full SLX hydro unit from Rose bikes for 65 euros, ive no idea the price of Magura though

why so, what is it that makes a trials disc brake different?

Well, its built for trials (bitey-ness and hold), rather than being built for power (being able to brake at high speeds) and theyre not built for being cooled down quickly like other MTB brakes. I ride DH and only some brakes like Saints have the same bite as my hope.

Well, its built for trials (bitey-ness and hold), rather than being built for power (being able to brake at high speeds) and theyre not built for being cooled down quickly like other MTB brakes. I ride DH and only some brakes like Saints have the same bite as my hope.

right i see, i dont know much about trials at the moment, but that all makes sense, saints are great, got them on my wolfridge for aggressive riding, aswesome bite as you say, good modulation too. Would you say Trials brakes are designed to have less modulation?

Edited by supafly1982

right i see, i dont know much about trials at the moment, but that all makes sense, saints are great, got them on my wolfridge for aggressive riding, aswesome bite as you say, good modulation too. Would you say Trials brakes are designed to have less modulation?

Yes defiantly as you're not braking a high speeds, all you need is that essential biteturned.gif